Application Status Bar hidden Behind Task Bar

I have replaced my LCD display and now the Status Bar on Windows Explorer,
IE6, etc is hidden behind the Task Bar when the application is maximised.

How can I configure XP to stop this problem?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about application status hidden task

    Right click on Start choose Properties, select Taskbar, select Auto-hide the
    taskbar.

    "JIm" <JIm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have replaced my LCD display and now the Status Bar on Windows Explorer,
    > IE6, etc is hidden behind the Task Bar when the application is maximised.
    >
    > How can I configure XP to stop this problem?
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks for the suggestion - but why has this changed from before? How can I
    overcome it without going to auto-hide of task bar?

    Thanks again

    "beb" wrote:

    > Right click on Start choose Properties, select Taskbar, select Auto-hide the
    > taskbar.
    >
    > "JIm" <JIm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have replaced my LCD display and now the Status Bar on Windows Explorer,
    > > IE6, etc is hidden behind the Task Bar when the application is maximised.
    > >
    > > How can I configure XP to stop this problem?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Right click the start button, select properties, taskbar tab, uncheck keep
    on top.

    "JIm" <JIm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have replaced my LCD display and now the Status Bar on Windows Explorer,
    > IE6, etc is hidden behind the Task Bar when the application is maximised.
    >
    > How can I configure XP to stop this problem?
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks for the suggestion - however this loses the task bar completely! Not
    much help!

    However when I reset the property to keep taks bar on top this seems to have
    solved the problem!!

    How about that! Thanks again

    "pcbutts1" wrote:

    > Right click the start button, select properties, taskbar tab, uncheck keep
    > on top.

    > "JIm" <JIm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have replaced my LCD display and now the Status Bar on Windows Explorer,
    > > IE6, etc is hidden behind the Task Bar when the application is maximised.
    > >
    > > How can I configure XP to stop this problem?
    > >
    > > Thanks

Windows Explorer LCD Monitor Windows XP