Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Application Status Bar hidden Behind Task Bar

Tags:
  • Windows Explorer
  • LCD Monitor
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 26, 2005 1:50:02 PM

I have replaced my LCD display and now the Status Bar on Windows Explorer,
IE6, etc is hidden behind the Task Bar when the application is maximised.

How can I configure XP to stop this problem?

Thanks

More about : application status bar hidden task bar

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:02:07 PM

Right click on Start choose Properties, select Taskbar, select Auto-hide the
taskbar.

"JIm" <JIm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 587E875-A082-4315-BEC5-2C45455F1195@microsoft.com...
>I have replaced my LCD display and now the Status Bar on Windows Explorer,
> IE6, etc is hidden behind the Task Bar when the application is maximised.
>
> How can I configure XP to stop this problem?
>
> Thanks
July 26, 2005 5:02:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestion - but why has this changed from before? How can I
overcome it without going to auto-hide of task bar?

Thanks again

"beb" wrote:

> Right click on Start choose Properties, select Taskbar, select Auto-hide the
> taskbar.
>
> "JIm" <JIm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D 587E875-A082-4315-BEC5-2C45455F1195@microsoft.com...
> >I have replaced my LCD display and now the Status Bar on Windows Explorer,
> > IE6, etc is hidden behind the Task Bar when the application is maximised.
> >
> > How can I configure XP to stop this problem?
> >
> > Thanks

July 26, 2005 9:03:52 PM

Right click the start button, select properties, taskbar tab, uncheck keep
on top.

"JIm" <JIm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 587E875-A082-4315-BEC5-2C45455F1195@microsoft.com...
>I have replaced my LCD display and now the Status Bar on Windows Explorer,
> IE6, etc is hidden behind the Task Bar when the application is maximised.
>
> How can I configure XP to stop this problem?
>
> Thanks
July 26, 2005 9:03:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestion - however this loses the task bar completely! Not
much help!

However when I reset the property to keep taks bar on top this seems to have
solved the problem!!

How about that! Thanks again