MN-500 base can't find modem

Maybe my last post didn't make it, 'cause I didn't get any response. My
wireless network worked fine until this week, when my MN-500 base station
decided it couldn't recognize my modem. I reset, re-powered, switched
cables, etc.. The base station can't find my modem.. Modem works fine when
I bypass the base station. What to do?

Is the MN500 Modem light on? If not, try plugging the Modem
Port into the ethernet card of a PC -- does the Modem light
turn on then? Did you check for a faulty cable?

Otherwise, go to the router, and on the WAN screen assign a
static IP to the router (e.g. 192.168.2.254). Turn off the
firewall on the router, and set the router to bridge mode.

Now, disconnect the cable connecting the PC to the router
Port 1 (or 2, 3, or 4 as appropriate), and plug it into the
MOdem Port. Run IE, and go to 192.168.2.254 -- the
configuration screen of the router should come up.