Scheduled tasks: shutting down PC or program

Hi all.

I'm trying to set up a program to work only at night. I have a scheduled
task starting it at 6 PM, but I can't find a task that will stop it. Since
the program has no internal scheduling system, I'm stuck with an outside way.

Is there a way to stop a program at an X hour? If not, what about a way to
reboot the PC? That would do the trick nicely...

Thanks for any info.
Cheers
2 answers Last reply
More about scheduled tasks shutting program

    Joao Luis Rita wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > I'm trying to set up a program to work only at night. I have a scheduled
    > task starting it at 6 PM, but I can't find a task that will stop it. Since
    > the program has no internal scheduling system, I'm stuck with an outside way.
    >
    > Is there a way to stop a program at an X hour? If not, what about a way to
    > reboot the PC? That would do the trick nicely...

    Open the properties for the scheduled task. Go to the Settings tab and
    check the box that reads "Stop the task if it runs for:". Fill in the
    hours and minutes for the length of time you want the program to run.
    So if you want the program to run from 6 PM until 6 AM, set the hours to 12.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    > Joao Luis Rita wrote:
    > >
    > > Is there a way to stop a program at an X hour? If not, what about a way to
    > > reboot the PC? That would do the trick nicely...
    >
    > Open the properties for the scheduled task. Go to the Settings tab and
    > check the box that reads "Stop the task if it runs for:". Fill in the
    > hours and minutes for the length of time you want the program to run.
    > So if you want the program to run from 6 PM until 6 AM, set the hours to 12.
    > --

    Thanks a lot, great idea. Unfortunatelly, it looks I may have to give this
    up: the program ask for comfirmation on exit (yes/no) and it has nothing I
    can use to avoid that...

    Thanks anyway.

Microsoft Windows XP