Nikon S8000 turns off by itself without any warning! Please help

Hi,
I have a Nikon S8000 (Fully Charged), sometimes it turns off by itself or it doesn't power on until i press the power button 2 or 3 times!
Is anybody here with the same problem? if not what should I do? I did an RMA and they gave me a replacement but got the same problem with the new one :(
any ideas?

any help would be appreciated.
7 answers Last reply
More about nikon s8000 turns warning help
  1. the device they sent, was it new or a re-certified device?
  2. What does the manual say? Are you sure that this is a problem and not a power saving feature?

NikonUSA has a good "ask Nikon" section - they may be able to provide more details.
  3. This is a pretty new model and even with replacement is probably still within warranty.

If they sent you a faulty replacement I'd raise a stink -- companies often replace with "remanufactured" stock but it seems that some are less than scrupulously careful about checking them. I would be looking for a refund of postage and an offer of a brand new replacement.
  4. This topic has been moved from the section Computer Peripherals to section Digital Cameras by Fihart
  5. megahmad said:
    Hi,
    I have a Nikon S8000 (Fully Charged), sometimes it turns off by itself or it doesn't power on until i press the power button 2 or 3 times!
    Is anybody here with the same problem? if not what should I do? I did an RMA and they gave me a replacement but got the same problem with the new one :(
    any ideas?

Hi there!
    I had the same problem with mine and we updated the firmware to version 1.1. I haven't had a problem since then. We went to the Nikon website and found the firmware download and instructions. My husband said it was a little tricky though. Thought there was a step missing from the instructions but he figured it out.
  6. megahmad said:
    Hi,
    any ideas?

I'm having the same problem.. and I've installed firmware rev. 1.1.. any luck in resolving this issue?
    Jerry
  7. I had the same problem. So I updated the firmware using the following site:
    http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17086/~/s8000-firmware%3A-1.1-firmware-update

After that, go reset your camera:
    Menu -> Setup -> Reset ALL

Marco Carmignotto
Ask a new question

Read More

Nikon Power Cameras