win xp complete system recovery

My system did not come with any cd's. I am unable to make an asr cd. So now
what do i do. Help Please, Cheryl

Call Customer Support of the maker of the system. There will probably be a small shipping
charge for recovery CDs.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"xstitchtx" <xstitchtx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My system did not come with any cd's. I am unable to make an asr cd. So now
> what do i do. Help Please, Cheryl

Contact the mfg for cds,or purchase a retail copy of xp.

"xstitchtx" wrote:

> My system did not come with any cd's. I am unable to make an asr cd. So now
> what do i do. Help Please, Cheryl

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

xstitchtx wrote:

> My system did not come with any cd's. I am unable to make an asr cd. So now
> what do i do. Help Please, Cheryl

The OEM is required to provide you with some way of restoring the
system. They have 3 options:

1. Windows installation CD
2. Recovery CD
3. Hidden partition on the hard drive with an image of the drive from
the factory. The system can be restored to that.

If you don't have one or two, then there should be three. Check the
documentation for the system or contact the tech support.

What problems are you experiencing?

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Cheryl;
Many computers use a hidden partition for recovery.
Also many allow you to make the recovery CDs.
But neither of those is a feature of Windows.
Check your manual and/or contact the computer manufacturer for details.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"xstitchtx" <xstitchtx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My system did not come with any cd's. I am unable to make an asr cd. So
> now
> what do i do. Help Please, Cheryl

I'd suggest you purchase an imaging program. There are a number of these
that are very good. My preference is Acronis TrueImage or Norton Ghost but
BootIt NG is a bit cheaper. First cleanup your system and ensure it is
running well. Then dump an image to CD's or DVD.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp