FTP Host Sites and FTP Programs.

July 26, 2005 6:32:08 PM

I have a need for transfering file sizes that exceed most ISP limitations.
These transfers would be between 4-5 individuals to start. I am considering
the FTP protocol. Can anyone recommend good host sites (I am looking at
GoDaddy.com and a couple of others) plus what is a good program to prepare
and send/receive these files?
Another problems is the amount of spam/virus filters now being put in place
almost everywhere. Our tranfers will xontain some .exe files and that causes
most of these filters to declare them a virus or at least suspicious.
Would appreciate comments and help.
Gene K
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 6:32:09 PM

For additional Internet Explorer assistance:

Please visit the Internet Explorer newsgroup experts:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Gene" wrote:

|I have a need for transfering file sizes that exceed most ISP limitations.
| These transfers would be between 4-5 individuals to start. I am considering
| the FTP protocol. Can anyone recommend good host sites (I am looking at
| GoDaddy.com and a couple of others) plus what is a good program to prepare
| and send/receive these files?
| Another problems is the amount of spam/virus filters now being put in place
| almost everywhere. Our tranfers will xontain some .exe files and that causes
| most of these filters to declare them a virus or at least suspicious.
| Would appreciate comments and help.
| Gene K
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 8:09:07 PM

Gene wrote:

> Would appreciate comments and help.

You asked for it.

WTF has your question got to do with the intent of this group, which is
to discuss Windows XP problems and solutions!??

Oh... so you're USING WinXP??

Fine.

That means you can also ask quesions here about your prostate problems
too, huh?
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:20:44 AM

http://www.yousendit.com/

allows you to send files of up to 1gb - fast transfer speeds, free service -
no need to register. Check it out.

!