Question about the Star trek Universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Didn't the Shadows(They Look like a Guardian Crab from Zerg in Starcraft Broodwars or the Romulan Nemesis Lobster) knock out Babylon 5-Star Trek Voyager and The Borg! I don't remember the series all that well but on you tube it shows a shadow knock out the borg cube. Whats the deal with the Shadows and Star trek any tv show video that show battles against Voyager or Borg? I remember seeing a couple episodes on Bablyon-5 with Kevin Sorbo at command!

stillerfan15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

I believe you are referring to season 4/5 of ST Voyager. The aliens were called species 8472 by the Borg and resembled scorpions. Hope this helped.
Dave

commandersozo

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
Wow, you've mixed quite a few different sci fi series in there. Kevin Sorbo was in Andromeda. Bruce Boxleitener (sp?) was captain in B5. And Kate Mulgrew (also sp?) was captain in Voyager.

As stillerfan15 said, you're probably thinking of species 8472 in Voyager. Personally, I think 8472's ships look more like Vorlon vessels.

I am a total geek

:lol: Kevin Sorbo never fought the Borg.

Species 8472 was the only race that could threaten the borg, in any of the star trek series. As already mentioned, this was Star Trek Voyager. It was the best Star Trek IMO.

Id heard, if you mate one of these
StarTrek-Gorn.jpg

with one of these

tpol_star_trek_enterprise.jpg

Youd get this

yoda.jpg

stillerfan15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

Next gen then DS9 were the best IMHO. But Stargate DS1 is my current favorite.

GSGregg

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Best Threat Of Its Day: the Next-Generation episode/s that introduced the Borg.

Best of Deep Space Nine: The back-story about Capt. Sisko, his son (Jake?) and his ex-wife; 'Little Green Men', where Ferengis wind up on our 20th-century Earth and start bargaining; and (sorry---I don't know the title) O'Brien, I believe, asks Worf if the goateed mesh-clad misfits on Kirk's Enterprise (using footage from 'The Trouble with Tribbles') are Klingons; Worf's response: "We Do Not Discuss It!"

Worst of Deep Space Nine: That whole last-season (or longer) story arc about the High Priestess, or whatever she was, causing $#!+ for everyone.

Andromeda: The most formidable thing Sorbo had to fight was the urge to hook up with Lexa Doig (well, the Magog were kind of nasty.....)

Voyager: The 'Left on Our Own' thing worked, but it had before and has since; lots of two-parters /cliffhangers were well done, including a three-story arc--not consecutive--about Captain Braxton and his Timeship (he was stranded on Earth for something like thirty years---without any of his 29th-century comforts---and rescued eventually by Voyager and Janeway, whom he held responsible. And don't forget the future Janeway who came back to sacrifice herself and end the Borg by checkmating the Queen.

Most Offended Enemy: Species 8472, who was here only because of a rift the Borg opened between our universe and their Fluid Space. How about their use of DNA splicing to lose their third leg and impersonate us---with Ray Walston (My Favorite Martian) playing the duplicate of Janeway's old instructor.....cute.

Enterprise (the prequel with Scott Bakula and Jolene Blaylock): a first-season ep titled 'Carbon Creek' in which three of the crew are on 1957 Earth for a while and try to fit in--amusing in a series that otherwise failed to impress.

Stargate DS1 (Did you mean 'SG'-1?): Amanda Tapping held my attention even in the few eps that otherwise did not; any show that ran for ten years could have run for another ten, if people didn't want to go home and count their money.

Stargate Atlantis: Good premise and an interesting enemy---at least at the outset---and Jason Momoa's Wraith-hunter was a lot of fun. From Season 4's 'Midway':

Ronon: "You sure say 'indeed' a lot."
Teal'c: "Indeed."

Stargate Universe (cancelled after two seasons): Dark and slow, unless you're a FAN (did someone say, 'Geek?') which I am.

I guess that's enough for now.

stillerfan15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

Yes I meant Sg1 - watching year 5 currently.
Best TNG agreed intro of the Borg.
Best DS9? Don't know but the show took off with the Worf intro and the whole Klingon/Cardassian/Dominion thing.
Never got into SG Atlantis or Universe or Enterprise.
Dave

GSGregg

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
To stillerfan15:

Sorry for the long-delayed reply; the automatic email notification didn't automatically notify, and I was unaware of your response.

The mandated switch from analog to digital TV transmission sent cheapskates like me scurrying to buy digital-to-analog converters so we could continue to watch free over-the-air broadcasts, and several stations capitalized on the expanded available bandwidth by offering sub-channels. KTLA 5, Los Angeles, also has 5.2 ('Antenna') and 5.3 ('This'), which shows back-to-back Stargate SG-1 episodes on Sunday evenings, and since ten years is a pretty long time, it's been nice to see the entire series run in sequence over a much shorter period---of course, if you picked up the DVDs, your period can be as short as you like.

A couple more favorites from ST/TNG: the two-part 'Time's Arrow', with Data's head recovered from excavations under San Francisco with the site dating from the late 1800s; and 'Elementary, Dear Data' followed four years later by 'Ship In A Bottle'. (Show-stealer: Professor Moriarty. The actor's name escapes me at the moment, but he was the butler in Fran Drescher's 'The Nanny'.)

You're right about DS9; Worf's addition was a much-needed shot-in-the-arm.

And finally; my account of 'Carbon Creek' (Star Trek: Enterprise) wasn't very clear. Jolene Blaylock's Vulcan chick is telling a story about her grandmother (also played by Blaylock) who led a crew of three Vulcans marooned on 1957 Earth who had to 'fit in' while they repaired their ship.

Gregg

(R.I.P. Gene and Majel, and thanks.)

(Note to Self: Bookmark this page and check it once in a while.)

stillerfan15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
RIP Gene and Majel indeed, and please include Deforest Kelly Dr Mcoy the original Dr on the Enterprise. I was a kid when the original ST was on TV and I LOVED it.
TNG was a worthy successor IMHO. Dave

I've seen every single episode of the original, TNG, deep space nice, and voyager. I would also throw in voyager as a great sequel. It was probably the best IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.