IT Jobs/Studies (Degrees) In the Industrie

alexisd9025

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2012
Hello, Everyone

Before anything i wanna say thanks to anyone that reads this and takes the time to respond to me and give me there drops of wisdom. In advance i know that there are many post like this one but i would love to have a proper personal approach to my case. Anyways, my name is Alexis and I'm from Puerto Rico im 21 years old. I was wondering lately what kind of studies related to the IT/Computer field there are now days? Specially if there is anything that incorporates software/hardware together.... ?

The reason i ask is because i wanna resume my studies again but don't wanna fall to the same position has last time, in which i got to the point in which i got bored uninterested and stopped my studies completely for nearly 3 years. Wont say that maybe friends and other influences didn't affected but it certainly was part of it. I was doing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science in the University of Puerto Rico i barely lasted a semester there. I wanna say it was the way the taught it there and my brother who started there in the same Department agree, every example we did, every programs we did were for accounting. I mean is that's how suppose to be? Does it get better? After that i dropped out and from time to time i contemplated the idea of starting again but never happened at least not seriously like now. I'm nearly 22 and its time to get my life back to place. I would love if anyone can help me find that inspiration which i had and encourage me into which paths are available and such. Like lately i have been contemplating the idea of networking and such maybe programming too (though would love if anyone could give me pointers to learn how to in a much "fun" way).
What am i asking for:
-Peoples experience in the field.
-Suggestions
-Links to good learning web pages and such.
-Possible path ways in the industry.
-Really anything that would help me keep going

Sorry for the long wall of text in advance and thanks everyone!!!