Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[40K] 1500 Points Orks RTT List

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 2:42:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

Hey guys,
I need someone to criticize this 1500 point RTT list and tell me what
they really think about it, and I knew this would be the place to do
that.

I'm trying something different, with no Nobz mob to go with the
Warboss. He'll be leading one unit of Sluggas. The Burna Boyz will
be hiding in the middle of a unit of Sluggas, affording them some
cover from the field. The Tankbustas will probably be mixed in with
the other Slugga Mob.

The Trukk Boyz, Warbuggies, and Stormboyz will form a bit of a mobile
contingent that will try to strike around the flank. And the
Dreadnoughts will walk with the main part of the force, giving it some
extra support and tank-busting power.

The Grots are for holding my own table quarter, and later as a suicide
squad.

The three missions used in the tourney are:
Turn 1 Scenario - "This is Heavy Doc"
http://www.sanctuarygamesandbooks.com/games/downloads/4...
Turn 2 Scenario - "Never-ending Carnange"
http://www.sanctuarygamesandbooks.com/games/downloads/4...
Turn 3 Scenario - "Suicide Squad"
http://www.sanctuarygamesandbooks.com/games/downloads/4...

And now, the list:

1500 Pts - Orks Army

1 Warboss (HQ) @ 115 Pts
Choppa (x1); Big Shoota
'Eavy Armour [8]
Frag Stikkbomz [1]
Tankbusta Bomz [3]
Bosspole [3]
Bionik Bonce [10]
Cybork Body [10]
Big Horns / Iron Gob [6]

15 Slugga Boyz (Troops) @ 200 Pts
Slugga & Choppa (x12); Big Shoota (x3)

1 Nob @ [41] Pts
Choppa (x1); Big Shoota
Bosspole [3]
Big Horns / Iron Gob [6]

15 Slugga Boyz (Troops) @ 200 Pts
Slugga & Choppa (x12); Big Shoota (x3)

1 Nob @ [41] Pts
Choppa (x1); Big Shoota
Bosspole [3]
Big Horns / Iron Gob [6]

10 Burna Boyz (Troops) @ 157 Pts
Slugga & Choppa (x6); Burna (x4); Frag Stikkbomz

1 Mekboy @ [33] Pts
Slugga (x1); Kustom Force Field; Frag Stikkbomz
Mek's Tools [2]

10 Tankbustas (Troops) @ 131 Pts
Slugga & CC Weapon (x7); Rokkit Launcha (x3); Frag Stikkbomz;
Tankbusta
Bomz

14 Gretchin (Troops) @ 59 Pts
Blasta

1 Slaver @ [17] Pts
Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1)
Squighound [5]

1 Squighound @ [0] Pts

12 Stormboyz (Elites) @ 219 Pts
Slugga & Choppa; Frag Stikkbomz

1 Nob @ [27] Pts
Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1); Frag Stikkbomz

10 Trukk Boyz (Fast Attack) @ 139 Pts
Slugga & Choppa (x9); Burna (x1)

1 Trukk @ [43] Pts
Big Shoota (x1)
5 pt. Armour Plates [5]

2 Warbuggies / Wartracks (Fast Attack) @ 92 Pts
Skorcha (x2)
5 pt. Armour Plates [5]
Red Paint Job [3]

1 Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 93 Pts
Front Armour: 12; Side Armour: 12; Rear Armour: 10; Rokkit
Launcha; Big
Shoota; Dreadnought CC Weapon; Dreadnought CC Weapon
10 pt. Armour Plates [10]

1 Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 93 Pts
Front Armour: 12; Side Armour: 12; Rear Armour: 10; Skorcha; Big
Shoota;
Dreadnought CC Weapon; Dreadnought CC Weapon
10 pt. Armour Plates [10]

Models in Army: 98


Total Army Cost: 1498



Thanks!
-Erik
"There's a lot to be said for just letting go. It also helps to keep in mind that that bastard Grim Reaper is loose in the room and moving targets are harder to hit."
-Randy Wayne White

RGMW FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org
Read it for your own good!
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 10:35:16 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

>1 Warboss (HQ) @ 115 Pts
> Choppa (x1); Big Shoota

I still think a powerfist is better than a gun here, even weakened as
it is.

>15 Slugga Boyz (Troops) @ 200 Pts
> Slugga & Choppa (x12); Big Shoota (x3)
> 1 Nob @ [41] Pts
> Choppa (x1); Big Shoota
>15 Slugga Boyz (Troops) @ 200 Pts
> Slugga & Choppa (x12); Big Shoota (x3)
> 1 Nob @ [41] Pts
> Choppa (x1); Big Shoota

I like rockets and powerfist nobs here - you have almost no
anti-tank capability, rockets are better than shootas at softening up
power armor, and your burnas and skorchas are better at softening
light armor. Six rockets here would give you about enough anti-tank.

>10 Burna Boyz (Troops) @ 157 Pts
> Slugga & Choppa (x6); Burna (x4); Frag Stikkbomz
> 1 Mekboy @ [33] Pts
> Slugga (x1); Kustom Force Field; Frag Stikkbomz
> Mek's Tools [2]

This squad never gets old. Frag seems an odd choice, though - yes,
these guys are good at dealing with cover, but often you won't have
anything left to assault once you're done shooting.

>10 Tankbustas (Troops) @ 131 Pts
> Slugga & CC Weapon (x7); Rokkit Launcha (x3); Frag Stikkbomz;
>Tankbusta
> Bomz

I guess the squad size has to go up now they can't be screened.

>14 Gretchin (Troops) @ 59 Pts
> 1 Slaver @ [17] Pts
> 1 Squighound @ [0] Pts

Too big, I say, if it's for holding your deployment zone!

>12 Stormboyz (Elites) @ 219 Pts
> Slugga & Choppa; Frag Stikkbomz
> 1 Nob @ [27] Pts
> Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1); Frag Stikkbomz

Ineffective, and trucks would be better, but this is your
fun unit. I'd get big horns and tankbustas for the nob.

>10 Trukk Boyz (Fast Attack) @ 139 Pts
> Slugga & Choppa (x9); Burna (x1)
> 1 Trukk @ [43] Pts

If you reduce the size to 9, your warboss can take a ride
if necessary.

>2 Warbuggies / Wartracks (Fast Attack) @ 92 Pts
> Skorcha (x2)
> 5 pt. Armour Plates [5]
> Red Paint Job [3]

No reason to squadron these if you've got a spare FA slot.

>1 Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 93 Pts
>1 Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 93 Pts

I like dreads. This is more or less how I field them.
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 9:37:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

I see you are going quite shooty with all the big shootas in your army.
That is fine if you want to go that way but in my opinion shootyness
should never be at the expense of your close combat power.

>
> 1500 Pts - Orks Army
>
> 1 Warboss (HQ) @ 115 Pts
> Choppa (x1); Big Shoota
> 'Eavy Armour [8]
> Frag Stikkbomz [1]
> Tankbusta Bomz [3]
> Bosspole [3]
> Bionik Bonce [10]
> Cybork Body [10]
> Big Horns / Iron Gob [6]

IMO either remove the big shoota (for a slugga or klaw) or add a bionik
arm to get the 2 CCW bonus.

>
> 15 Slugga Boyz (Troops) @ 200 Pts
> Slugga & Choppa (x12); Big Shoota (x3)
>
> 1 Nob @ [41] Pts
> Choppa (x1); Big Shoota
> Bosspole [3]
> Big Horns / Iron Gob [6]

Cut down on the big shootas especially on the Nob. This mob feels like
its trying to be a "Jack of all trades" but it will end up being
ineffective at both CC and shooting.


>
> 15 Slugga Boyz (Troops) @ 200 Pts
> Slugga & Choppa (x12); Big Shoota (x3)
>
> 1 Nob @ [41] Pts
> Choppa (x1); Big Shoota
> Bosspole [3]
> Big Horns / Iron Gob [6]
>
As above


> 10 Burna Boyz (Troops) @ 157 Pts
> Slugga & Choppa (x6); Burna (x4); Frag Stikkbomz
>
> 1 Mekboy @ [33] Pts
> Slugga (x1); Kustom Force Field; Frag Stikkbomz
> Mek's Tools [2]

Instead of this squad consider getting a big mek with KFF. Migrate the
burnas to the Slugga Boyz squads and make up one (or two) Shoota boyz
squad(s) with the 3x Big Shootas.

That way your Mek with field cant be targeted and is free to join other
squads. Having shoota boyz squads means not only the Big Shoota ones
will have the ability to be ranged attackers, as long as you can hunker
down in cover or something within 24"


>
> 10 Tankbustas (Troops) @ 131 Pts
> Slugga & CC Weapon (x7); Rokkit Launcha (x3); Frag Stikkbomz;
> Tankbusta
> Bomz

Consider a Nob with extra Rokkit

>
> 14 Gretchin (Troops) @ 59 Pts
> Blasta
>
> 1 Slaver @ [17] Pts
> Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1)
> Squighound [5]
>
> 1 Squighound @ [0] Pts
>
> 12 Stormboyz (Elites) @ 219 Pts
> Slugga & Choppa; Frag Stikkbomz
>
> 1 Nob @ [27] Pts
> Choppa (x1); Slugga (x1); Frag Stikkbomz

I love Stormboyz but they arent worth the points, I would replace them
with another Trukk Boyz squad. Remember you can get up to 3 buggies in
a single fast attack slot. Use the points saved for the various other
upgrades and squads I mentioned earlier.

>
> 10 Trukk Boyz (Fast Attack) @ 139 Pts
> Slugga & Choppa (x9); Burna (x1)
>
> 1 Trukk @ [43] Pts
> Big Shoota (x1)
> 5 pt. Armour Plates [5]

If your looking for more big shootas then bolt on big shootas are always
an option that doesnt diminish the attacking power of your boyz
>
> 2 Warbuggies / Wartracks (Fast Attack) @ 92 Pts
> Skorcha (x2)
> 5 pt. Armour Plates [5]
> Red Paint Job [3]


Good

>
> 1 Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 93 Pts
> Front Armour: 12; Side Armour: 12; Rear Armour: 10; Rokkit
> Launcha; Big
> Shoota; Dreadnought CC Weapon; Dreadnought CC Weapon
> 10 pt. Armour Plates [10]
>
> 1 Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 93 Pts
> Front Armour: 12; Side Armour: 12; Rear Armour: 10; Skorcha; Big
> Shoota;
> Dreadnought CC Weapon; Dreadnought CC Weapon
> 10 pt. Armour Plates [10]
>

I would think about replacing one dread with 3 killa kans, but I could
go either way about that one. Depends if you have the points and how
you want to use them.

--
Dogboy

Wargame Terrain Generator
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~healer8/
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 9:37:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 18:37:01 +1300, Dogboy <no@no.com> wrote:

>I see you are going quite shooty with all the big shootas in your army.
>That is fine if you want to go that way but in my opinion shootyness
>should never be at the expense of your close combat power.

I've been very successful using firepower to weaken enemy units to
make them easier to beat in close combat, so I'll stick with that, as
it tends to work quite well.

>> 15 Slugga Boyz (Troops) @ 200 Pts
>
>Cut down on the big shootas especially on the Nob. This mob feels like
>its trying to be a "Jack of all trades" but it will end up being
>ineffective at both CC and shooting.

See above. It's not trying to shoot, it's using the firepower to make
the combat more effective.

>> 10 Burna Boyz (Troops) @ 157 Pts
>
>Instead of this squad consider getting a big mek with KFF. Migrate the
>burnas to the Slugga Boyz squads and make up one (or two) Shoota boyz
>squad(s) with the 3x Big Shootas.
>
>That way your Mek with field cant be targeted and is free to join other
>squads. Having shoota boyz squads means not only the Big Shoota ones
>will have the ability to be ranged attackers, as long as you can hunker
>down in cover or something within 24"

1. I want the extra Burnaz in a mob that can set off by itself.
2. Buy a Shoota Boyz mob? That would require removal of Slugga Boyz,
an idea you yourself didn't like.
3. The big shootas aren't there to be shooty, just there to help
assaults.

>> 10 Tankbustas (Troops) @ 131 Pts
>
>Consider a Nob with extra Rokkit

I did, but didn't have the model.

>> 14 Gretchin (Troops) @ 59 Pts

>> 12 Stormboyz (Elites) @ 219 Pts
>
>I love Stormboyz but they arent worth the points, I would replace them
>with another Trukk Boyz squad. Remember you can get up to 3 buggies in
>a single fast attack slot. Use the points saved for the various other
>upgrades and squads I mentioned earlier.

Stormboyz can be effective, especially given some of the terrain
configurations at the store hosting the tourney.

>> 10 Trukk Boyz (Fast Attack) @ 139 Pts
>
>If your looking for more big shootas then bolt on big shootas are always
>an option that doesnt diminish the attacking power of your boyz

See above.

>> 2 Warbuggies / Wartracks (Fast Attack) @ 92 Pts
>
>Good

I might split this into two Buggies, though.

>> 1 Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 93 Pts
>>
>> 1 Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 93 Pts
>
>I would think about replacing one dread with 3 killa kans, but I could
>go either way about that one. Depends if you have the points and how
>you want to use them.

Last time I used Killer Kanz they died too easy, but I might
experiment some.
-Erik
"There's a lot to be said for just letting go. It also helps to keep in mind that that bastard Grim Reaper is loose in the room and moving targets are harder to hit."
-Randy Wayne White

RGMW FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org
Read it for your own good!
!