[EA] 2700pt Epic Tau List.

Well, looking at the V4 list, and leaving out the units I dislike (chiefly
gun drones) while going Air crazy, I come up with the following

CADRES

Fire Warrior Cadre 200
Additional Fire Warriors 100
3 Stealth Teams 125
-------
Cadre Total 425

Battlesuit Cadre 250
Orca 75
Shas'el 50
Broadsides 150
Crisis 125
Orca 75
-------
Cadre Total 725

Fire Warrior Cadre 200
Devilfish 75
Ethereal 75
Hammerheads 125
-------
Cadre Total 475

CONTINGENTS

Hammerhead Contingent 250
Swordfish 25
-------
Contingent Total 275

AIR CASTE

1 Moray Assault Ship 250

3 Barracuda Fighters 250

2 Tigershark Bombers 300

Comes to Exactly 2700 points. I'm a little worried about the low number of
formations, and am thinking I should probably switch out some of the Air
Caste for a static firebase of broadside contingents or similar.
--
Craig (an Epic-scale penny for your thoughts)
1 answer Last reply

    "Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Well, looking at the V4 list, and leaving out the units I dislike (chiefly
    > gun drones) while going Air crazy, I come up with the following
    >
    > CADRES
    >
    > Fire Warrior Cadre 200
    > Additional Fire Warriors 100
    > 3 Stealth Teams 125

    Nasty up close, but it's the one formation without transports - do you
    really want the Stealths here?

    > Cadre Total 425
    >
    > Battlesuit Cadre 250
    > Orca 75
    > Shas'el 50
    > Broadsides 150
    > Crisis 125
    > Orca 75

    Why two Orcas? They'll fit in one IIRC and the thing has absolutely pathetic
    firepower. Plus, it's an ugly flying box.

    > Cadre Total 725
    >
    > Fire Warrior Cadre 200
    > Devilfish 75
    > Ethereal 75
    > Hammerheads 125
    > -------
    > Cadre Total 475

    Presumably the Devilfish are just there to take hits meant for the
    Hammerheads?

    > CONTINGENTS
    >
    > Hammerhead Contingent 250
    > Swordfish 25

    Don't like the Swordfish as it stands on principle - making every new unit
    upgraded versions of the old units will make this list as dull as the
    Tyranid one, which already does exactly that.

    > AIR CASTE
    >
    > 1 Moray Assault Ship 250

    Only one?

    > 3 Barracuda Fighters 250

    Naturally.

    > 2 Tigershark Bombers 300

    There's a campaign on the list at the moment to drop the Tigershark from the
    army - which is stupid because (a) it is well-established in 40k fluff and
    BFG mechanics, (b) it has a model, and (c) people have bought said model.
    People just don't think it's all that useful as a bomber and prefer the
    stupidly-named Whiteshark (I ask you, what's wrong with a sensible name like
    Tau Wobbegong?). Personally, I like to think of it as conceptually a fighter
    bomber, but with only bomber movement rules to reflect the relative lack of
    maneouvrability of Tau aircraft. I'd also rather the 'true' bomber was more
    distinctive than just a Tigershark with an extra railcannon, but I hear
    Forge World is making that model (and will probably give it its own name) so
    we may be stuck with it.

    On the subject of poorly-chosen names, could we please rename the Orca? It
    isn't a fish, and anyway the Tau have an Orca as a spacecraft.

    > Comes to Exactly 2700 points. I'm a little worried about the low number of
    > formations, and am thinking I should probably switch out some of the Air
    > Caste for a static firebase of broadside contingents or similar.
    > --
    > Craig (an Epic-scale penny for your thoughts)

    This is my v4 Tau list, which is mostly pretty similar:

    Tau v4: 2,700pts

    Cadres

    Fire Warrior Cadre: 8 Fire Warriors, 3 Devilfish

    Fire Warriors: 4 Fire Warriors, 2 Devilfish

    Commander: Ethereal

    Fire Warrior Cadre: 8 Fire Warriors

    Battlesuit Cadre: 4 Crisis Battlesuits, 1 Orca

    Broadsides: 2 Broadside Battlesuits

    Crisis: 2 Crisis Battlesuits

    Contingents

    Pathfinders: 6 Pathfinders, 3 Devilfish

    Hammerheads: 4 Hammerhead Gunships

    Air Caste Formations

    3 Barracuda Superiority Fighters

    1 Tigershark Bomber

    2 Moray Assault Ships

    Total: 2,700pts

    8 activations - the same as my planned Eldar, Siegemaster and Feral Ork
    armies of the same size. Short of tanks for my liking, and fluffily I
    dislike the fact that Crisis formations are Contingents rather than Cadres
    (I feel that Fire Warriors should be the core of every Cadre), but it's got
    good numbers, a couple of nasty war machines and some of the best
    interceptors out there. Pity I need the Orca, but it's not *as* ugly and out
    of place in Epic as it looks in 40k.

    The most surprising thing? The overall cost isn't much more than for Epic
    armies with plastic components - and if the Morays can be represented with
    BFG Emissaries or Protectors, they work out cheaper than a Fanatic metal war
    machine.

    Philip Bowles

Video Games