Dell 2408WFP can I replace the panel?

rage_311

Distinguished
May 23, 2003
Hey,

I recently had a little accident with my Dell 2408WFP LCD monitor and it looks like the panel itself (the actual display part) is cracked. Is there a way to buy a replacement panel for it? I've already tried getting one through Dell, and I've called a couple of local electronic repair shops with no luck. Could I find the supplier? Or is there another panel I can replace it with? Thanks!

Matt

rage_311

Distinguished
May 23, 2003
It is under warranty still, but the monitor was actually dropped. I don't suppose they would cover something like that, would they? Maybe I'll try to see if I can get them to cover it, but it seems like a long-shot. If that doesn't work, I'll definitely be taking the monitor apart... if only just for fun, so I guess I will see how easily that panel can be replaced.

Also, I definitely don't want to replace it with the really nice panel it has in it now, maybe just a TN panel. Something cheap... as it will only be for office use now.

Thanks for the reply!

Matt

Call them and ask them - I've had great luck with Dell. Even if it isn't fully covered, they will probably repair it for far cheaper than a replacement.

As for the panel, if it can be replaced at all, it almost definitely would have to be a perfect match, not a cheap TN.