SM List question....

Ok....

I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed into a
Rhino....

Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated transport
for the HQ ????

Cheers

S43

"Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:eDlOd.65690$K7.46889@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Ok....
>
> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed into
> a Rhino....
>
> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
> transport for the HQ ????

I don't think anything is wrong with that. The way I understand it you want
to purchase a Landraider as Heavy Support. Then you want to take it and
transport a 10 men squad with it. (No termi, right?). Sounds as if
everything is cool. You have paid for a non dedicated transport and what you
do with it is your business. Just because someone has a transport option
doesn't mean that he can only be transported by that option.

--
Ecke

Newsgroup FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org

Due to technology humankind produced weapons of mass destruction. Without
technology it would just take a bit longer.

cheers

No, no termies yet...waiting for the new mods

"Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:ywqOd.70736$K7.19301@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> cheers
>

> No, no termies yet...waiting for the new mods

Good, 'cause termis take two seats, limiting yourself to five men squads. It
is those little things that get forgoten and causes problems later on ;-).

Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

> Ok....
>
> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed into a
> Rhino....
>
> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated transport
> for the HQ ????

No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ. If
you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
purchase the LR.
--
Jim M
posted on this day, the 4,180th of September 1993

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I
go into the other room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

http://jimac.tripod.com

"Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
> rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
>
>> Ok....
>>
>> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed
>> into a
>> Rhino....
>>
>> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
>> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
>> transport
>> for the HQ ????
>>
> No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ.
> If
> you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
> purchase the LR.

Might want to re-read the question, Oh lord of Senility.

Oh I know about that which is why I am planning ANOTHER Landraider

The army so far stands at

HQ+HQ Squad

Landraider

2 Assault Squads

4 Razorback Squads

2 Dreadnoughts

Techmarine and 4 servitors

Whirlwind

So I have scope yet ;)

"Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
> rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
>
>> Ok....
>>
>> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed
>> into a
>> Rhino....
>>
>> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
>> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
>> transport
>> for the HQ ????
>>
> No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ.
> If
> you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
> purchase the LR.

¬_¬

Um, you say "No", yet then restate exactly what the OP said. I guess it's
time for the men in white coats - they know your address from previous
visits, right?

Dan

"Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
>> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
>> rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
>>
>>> Ok....
>>>
>>> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed
>>> into a
>>> Rhino....
>>>
>>> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
>>> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
>>> transport
>>> for the HQ ????
>>>
>> No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ.
>> If
>> you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
>> purchase the LR.
>
> Might want to re-read the question, Oh lord of Senility.

Your post didn't arrive before I started writing mine. Well, you know what
they say, great minds and all that ... not sure it applies here though :\

Dan

"Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
>>> rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

>>> No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the
>>> HQ. If
>>> you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
>>> purchase the LR.
>>
>> Might want to re-read the question, Oh lord of Senility.
>
> Your post didn't arrive before I started writing mine. Well, you know what
> they say, great minds and all that ... not sure it applies here though :\

Sure it does, you just need the '...and so do ours' kicker.

Craig Little entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer
and said...

> "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
> > rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
> >
> >> Ok....
> >>
> >> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed
> >> into a
> >> Rhino....
> >>
> >> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
> >> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
> >> transport
> >> for the HQ ????
> >>
> > No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ.
> > If
> > you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
> > purchase the LR.
>
> Might want to re-read the question, Oh lord of Senility.

Yeah I saw that, I really shouldn't try to answer questions while eating
lunch, I tend to misread them. On the other hand I have misread some stuff
that was hilariously funny until I re-read it later...
--
Jim M
posted on this day, the 4,180th of September 1993

"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I
go into the other room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

http://jimac.tripod.com

Spack entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and
said...

> "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
> > rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
> >
> >> Ok....
> >>
> >> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed
> >> into a
> >> Rhino....
> >>
> >> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
> >> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
> >> transport
> >> for the HQ ????
> >>
> > No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ.
> > If
> > you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
> > purchase the LR.
>
> ¬_¬
>
> Um, you say "No", yet then restate exactly what the OP said. I guess it's
> time for the men in white coats - they know your address from previous
> visits, right?

Nah, I misread the H/S as HQ... I'm allowed a few screw-ups now and again,
it comes with the age thing...
--

> Nah, I misread the H/S as HQ... I'm allowed a few screw-ups now and again,
> it comes with the age thing...

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting there are people older than me in this group. And
then there's you .... more pills gramps? :p

Dan

Spack entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and
said...

> "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> > Nah, I misread the H/S as HQ... I'm allowed a few screw-ups now and again,
> > it comes with the age thing...
>
> Oh yeah, I keep forgetting there are people older than me in this group. And
> then there's you .... more pills gramps? :p

I don't do pills, not even the blue ones...

--
Jim M
posted on this day, the 4,181st of September 1993