SM List question....

Ok....

I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed into a
Rhino....

Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated transport
for the HQ ????

Cheers

S43
13 answers Last reply
More about list question

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:eDlOd.65690$K7.46889@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > Ok....
    >
    > I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed into
    > a Rhino....
    >
    > Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
    > purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
    > transport for the HQ ????

    I don't think anything is wrong with that. The way I understand it you want
    to purchase a Landraider as Heavy Support. Then you want to take it and
    transport a 10 men squad with it. (No termi, right?). Sounds as if
    everything is cool. You have paid for a non dedicated transport and what you
    do with it is your business. Just because someone has a transport option
    doesn't mean that he can only be transported by that option.

    --
    Ecke

    Newsgroup FAQ @ http://www.rgmw.org

    Due to technology humankind produced weapons of mass destruction. Without
    technology it would just take a bit longer.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    cheers

    No, no termies yet...waiting for the new mods
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:ywqOd.70736$K7.19301@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > cheers
    >

    > No, no termies yet...waiting for the new mods

    Good, 'cause termis take two seats, limiting yourself to five men squads. It
    is those little things that get forgoten and causes problems later on ;-).
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
    rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    > Ok....
    >
    > I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed into a
    > Rhino....
    >
    > Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
    > purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated transport
    > for the HQ ????

    No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ. If
    you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
    purchase the LR.
    --
    Jim M
    posted on this day, the 4,180th of September 1993

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I
    go into the other room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
    > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
    > rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
    >
    >> Ok....
    >>
    >> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed
    >> into a
    >> Rhino....
    >>
    >> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
    >> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
    >> transport
    >> for the HQ ????
    >>
    > No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ.
    > If
    > you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
    > purchase the LR.

    Might want to re-read the question, Oh lord of Senility.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Oh I know about that which is why I am planning ANOTHER Landraider

    The army so far stands at

    HQ+HQ Squad

    Landraider

    2 Assault Squads

    4 Razorback Squads

    2 Dreadnoughts

    Techmarine and 4 servitors

    Whirlwind

    So I have scope yet ;)
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
    > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
    > rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
    >
    >> Ok....
    >>
    >> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed
    >> into a
    >> Rhino....
    >>
    >> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
    >> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
    >> transport
    >> for the HQ ????
    >>
    > No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ.
    > If
    > you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
    > purchase the LR.

    ¬_¬

    Um, you say "No", yet then restate exactly what the OP said. I guess it's
    time for the men in white coats - they know your address from previous
    visits, right?

    Dan
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
    >> rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
    >>
    >>> Ok....
    >>>
    >>> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed
    >>> into a
    >>> Rhino....
    >>>
    >>> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
    >>> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
    >>> transport
    >>> for the HQ ????
    >>>
    >> No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ.
    >> If
    >> you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
    >> purchase the LR.
    >
    > Might want to re-read the question, Oh lord of Senility.

    Your post didn't arrive before I started writing mine. Well, you know what
    they say, great minds and all that ... not sure it applies here though :\

    Dan
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Craig Little" <craig.little@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
    >>> rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...

    >>> No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the
    >>> HQ. If
    >>> you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
    >>> purchase the LR.
    >>
    >> Might want to re-read the question, Oh lord of Senility.
    >
    > Your post didn't arrive before I started writing mine. Well, you know what
    > they say, great minds and all that ... not sure it applies here though :\

    Sure it does, you just need the '...and so do ours' kicker.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Craig Little entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer
    and said...

    > "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
    > > rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
    > >
    > >> Ok....
    > >>
    > >> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed
    > >> into a
    > >> Rhino....
    > >>
    > >> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
    > >> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
    > >> transport
    > >> for the HQ ????
    > >>
    > > No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ.
    > > If
    > > you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
    > > purchase the LR.
    >
    > Might want to re-read the question, Oh lord of Senility.

    Yeah I saw that, I really shouldn't try to answer questions while eating
    lunch, I tend to misread them. On the other hand I have misread some stuff
    that was hilariously funny until I re-read it later...
    --
    Jim M
    posted on this day, the 4,180th of September 1993

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I
    go into the other room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Spack entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and
    said...

    > "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere entered the world pub known as
    > > rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and said...
    > >
    > >> Ok....
    > >>
    > >> I have a 10 man HQ squad which according to the rules can be stuffed
    > >> into a
    > >> Rhino....
    > >>
    > >> Is it permissable (it is as I understand) to waive that option and to
    > >> purchase a Landraider as a H/S choice but use it as non-dedicated
    > >> transport
    > >> for the HQ ????
    > >>
    > > No, if it is bought as part of the HQ, then it can only transport the HQ.
    > > If
    > > you want an undedicated transport, you will have to use a heavy slot to
    > > purchase the LR.
    >
    > ¬_¬
    >
    > Um, you say "No", yet then restate exactly what the OP said. I guess it's
    > time for the men in white coats - they know your address from previous
    > visits, right?

    Nah, I misread the H/S as HQ... I'm allowed a few screw-ups now and again,
    it comes with the age thing...
    --
    Jim M
    posted on this day, the 4,180th of September 1993

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I
    go into the other room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    > Nah, I misread the H/S as HQ... I'm allowed a few screw-ups now and again,
    > it comes with the age thing...

    Oh yeah, I keep forgetting there are people older than me in this group. And
    then there's you .... more pills gramps? :P

    Dan
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Spack entered the world pub known as rec.games.miniatures.warhammer and
    said...

    > "Ancient Gamer" <hnjcomics@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Nah, I misread the H/S as HQ... I'm allowed a few screw-ups now and again,
    > > it comes with the age thing...
    >
    > Oh yeah, I keep forgetting there are people older than me in this group. And
    > then there's you .... more pills gramps? :P

    I don't do pills, not even the blue ones...

    --
    Jim M
    posted on this day, the 4,181st of September 1993

    "Look alive. Here comes a buzzard." -- Walt Kelly (Pogo)
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I
    go into the other room and read a book." -- Groucho Marx

    http://jimac.tripod.com

Games Rhino Video Games