When I search my CD drive (drive 'D') for *.cab the search display contains
files from my 'C' drive.

Any ideas about how to solve this?

My mistake, as I just discovered the files 'found' when I search my CD drive
with a wildcard are files from two locations:

1) The CD drive (as expected)
AND
2) C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\CD Burning (but this folder is empty)

This #2 has me totally baffled. Is this some kind of cache issue? I ran Disk
Cleanup, but still no joy.

Michael

"Michael T" <anonymous@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> When I search my CD drive (drive 'D') for *.cab the search display
> contains files from my 'C' drive.
>
> Any ideas about how to solve this?

This is normal if you have the recording option enabled when you right click
the cd then select properties.
When you send a file to the cd in windows it copies it to the folder #2 and
then once you click write files to cd it actually writes them to the cd and
deletes them from the local folder.

Not sure if that makes sense, but i know what i mean :)

Regards
Paul

"Michael T" wrote:

> My mistake, as I just discovered the files 'found' when I search my CD drive
> with a wildcard are files from two locations:
>
> 1) The CD drive (as expected)
> AND
> 2) C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\CD Burning (but this folder is empty)
>
> This #2 has me totally baffled. Is this some kind of cache issue? I ran Disk
> Cleanup, but still no joy.
>
> Michael
>
> "Michael T" <anonymous@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > When I search my CD drive (drive 'D') for *.cab the search display
> > contains files from my 'C' drive.
> >
> > Any ideas about how to solve this?

open your "D" drive in explorer. - this will prove there is actually a
CD insearted with something on it to search for.
right click on CD drive and select search. - this will eliminate
trying to search without entering the correct drive.
if it goes to the "C" drive from there - I have no idea.

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:12:32 -0700, "Michael T"
<anonymous@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>When I search my CD drive (drive 'D') for *.cab the search display contains
>files from my 'C' drive.
>
>Any ideas about how to solve this?

Thanks Paul. It does make sense.

Not sure after all these years I am just discovering this 'unwanted'
setting. At least unwanted by me.

If I right click on the CD drive and select the tab named 'Recording', I can
turn off "Enable CD recording on this drive" to eliminate my unwanted search
functionality.