brand new HP w2408h monitor color settings out of whack... PLEASE HELP

LarisaShauntee

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
Aaaaaaaaah! I don't know what to do. I just spent $2200 on a whole new home-office setup from Best Buy (which by the way, have the WORST customer service). I'm so frustrated because I'm not very computer savvy and I can't get this thing to work right.

The monitor is a w2408h which is an LCD widescreen. I've followed the setup instructions religiously and the monitor is still this BRIGHT GREEN. It's aweful. I'm getting a headache just looking at it. The monitor has these preset color/brightness/contrast things but all of them are slight variations of flourescent green. I called HP support and the guy said it was the video card! I don't think that is right. Because he also said I could not customize the actual monitor settings, and I can if I just go through the menu on the thing.

I've searched all over the net for the recommended customized settings for this monitor and I'm coming up with nothing. Can anyone make a recommendation? PLEASE?!?!?!

Thank you a thousand times over!

rknow4212

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I'm having the same problem and I agree it's not the video card. I recently switched out my hard-drive and that's when it started (white wiggly lines in the background). It seem fine when I had my old hard-drive install... I can see my screen fine but I can also see the white wiggly lines on the screen... HP was no help, when you call they transfer you to India and the rep seems not to know anything.