remote assistance error

newguy

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

I get this error message after the users select "Invite someone to help you"

"Your current system settings prevent you from sending an invitation"

Any suggestion?

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

you should check windows firewall and uner the exceptions tab make sure that
the remote acsess box is checked
ken

"newguy" wrote:

> I get this error message after the users select "Invite someone to help you"
>
> "Your current system settings prevent you from sending an invitation"
>

> Any suggestion?

Howdy,
Check out
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306496

Regards
Paul Mckenna

"newguy" wrote:

> I get this error message after the users select "Invite someone to help you"
>
> "Your current system settings prevent you from sending an invitation"
>

> Any suggestion?

HOW TO: Enable Remote Assistance in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305608

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"newguy" <newguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get this error message after the users select "Invite someone to help
>you"
>
> "Your current system settings prevent you from sending an invitation"
>

> Any suggestion?

TRENDING THREADS