Need Driver for Packard Bell onboard sound

Len

I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but no software for it. It has onboard
sound but I can't seem to find any way to figure out the manufacturer of the
O/B sound so that I can find a driver for it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem to
have anything that will run this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if I
search the SN. Any ideas?
Len

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

You need to identify your onboard sound. Try www.belarc.com or
www.pcpitstop.com to help identify the product. You may be able to find the
driver at one of the following locations. Happy hunting.

www.soundcard-drivers.com
www.driverguide.com
www.driverscollection.com
www.windrivers.com

"Len" <l_mc_kee@yahoo.com> wrote, "I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but
no software for it. It has onboard sound but I can't seem to find any way to
figure out the manufacturer of the O/B sound so that I can find a driver for
it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem to have anything that will run this. Packard
Bell doesn't find anything if I search the SN. Any ideas?"

Len

I found out it was a Crystal and driver guide had a driver.
Thanks guys.

"Len" <l_mc_kee@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but no software for it. It has onboard
>sound but I can't seem to find any way to figure out the manufacturer of
>the O/B sound so that I can find a driver for it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem
>to have anything that will run this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if
>I search the SN. Any ideas?
> Len

The sound is more than likely a Aztech Sound System http://www/aztech.ca
which is a dead site since they are now out of business.

However you can go to http://www.drivers.com sing up for a free account and
then look under Packard Bell and place the model number into the search box.
It will more than likely have the older drivers you need.

I hope I helped?

Elector

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi Len: Glad you were able to ID the device and find the correct driver.

I found out it was a Crystal and driver guide had a driver. Thanks guys. Len

"*" <No@spammenot.net> wrote in message
> You need to identify your onboard sound. Try www.belarc.com or
> www.pcpitstop.com to help identify the product. You may be able to find
> the driver at one of the following locations. Happy hunting.
>
> www.soundcard-drivers.com
> www.driverguide.com
> www.driverscollection.com
> www.windrivers.com
>

> "Len" <l_mc_kee@yahoo.com> wrote, "I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I
> but no software for it. It has onboard sound but I can't seem to find any
> way to figure out the manufacturer of the O/B sound so that I can find a
> driver for it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem to have anything that will run
> this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if I search the SN. Any ideas?"

"Len" <l_mc_kee@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but no software for it. It has onboard
>sound but I can't seem to find any way to figure out the manufacturer of
>the O/B sound so that I can find a driver for it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem
>to have anything that will run this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if
>I search the SN. Any ideas?
> Len

download SiSift Sandra 2005

it has tools to tell you the sound manufacturer their website (sound
manufacturer) will have drivers

Len,
PriorityOne Support should have the driver downloads for your old PB. You
will need to register an email address with them. Then look under the
"Drivers" section> Click on Packard Bell. Under System Configuration, you
can try using the Serial No. of the unit to find how the PC was setup when
purchased. Since you mentioned that you don't have any software for it. I
would take the time, download all the files needed for the unit. You never
know, when this site may vanish from the internet.

http://priorityonesupport.com/

--

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

"Christo" <chris@juststuffnospam.co.uk> wrote in message

"Len" <l_mc_kee@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but no software for it. It has onboard
>sound but I can't seem to find any way to figure out the manufacturer of
>the O/B sound so that I can find a driver for it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem
>to have anything that will run this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if
>I search the SN. Any ideas?
> Len

download SiSift Sandra 2005

it has tools to tell you the sound manufacturer their website (sound
manufacturer) will have drivers

saheed

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
I reformatted my system and sound is not come out, then i went to check properties, device manager on my computer which i got some exclamation mark on other device like network controller, multimedia controller e.t.c and i don't know what to do.