Sign in with
Your question

Changed Monitor and Now Games Won't Run...

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 24, 2005 10:23:00 PM

Hi,

Until recently I've been running with an LG 18 inch monitor and an IBM L191p 19 inch screen. I thought I'd make the IBM my primary screen given that it is 1 inch larger. However, if I try to run any games on it they just crash back to Windows.

I've actually got two of the IBM monitors, so have tried both, and the same happens with both.

My system has an Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX graphics card.

An example of the problem is with Battlefield 2. The game loads and gets to the point where I have to log in. Then it just crashes back to Windows. If I change to the LG monitor it runs fine.

My resolution is 1280*1024 and I have the games running at the same resolution.

Any thoughts on why this might be happening would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

David

Edit: I have since tried a couple of other games, and they do work (such as Quake 4 and Blitzkreig 2), which is even more strange. There is something about this monitor that certain games obviously don't like, but I don't know what....<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by squired on 10/24/05 06:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
October 28, 2005 8:29:28 PM

Possible that your games that dont work (assuming you get a blank screen) have the refresh rate set higher than your monitor can support?

Other than that... Maybe its a driver issue?

<font color=red>"Battling Gimps and Dimbulbs HERE at THGC"</font color=red>

"<font color=blue> Wusy</font color=blue> <-Professional sheep banger"
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Clob on 10/28/05 03:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
!