Closed Solved

Dell vs. Asus

Hello,
I am debating on the overall quality and performance the 2 Companies have to offer for anyone. Computer litterate or not. I want to know what you all think...My boss says "Asus sucks, you should get a dell"...My close friend says "Dell is the scum that is still at the bottom even after the barrel has been scrubbed"....Dell or Asus?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dell asus
  1. Dell is far better than Asus becasue
    1. better warranty onsite mostly 2. Security software included 3. Customizable
    what else could you want
  2. If you want to know about reliability, here is a start:

http://www.squaretrade.com/htm/pdf/SquareTrade_laptop_reliability_1109.pdf
  3. Go with Asus. Asus is far better than Dell.
  4. My last Dell was 10 years ago lol and if I have to pick between the two I would go with Asus. Parts for Dell computers are from third party anyways.

If it's a desktop you might be better of building it yourself.
  5. Best answer
    Dell used to give out a full windows cd instead of just restore partitions or restore CD which is a big plus in their favor. I am assuming they still do. As such, I lean Dell. But I have no experience with Asus computers. However they make great components(motherboards, GPU's, etc...)
  6. If I'm not mistaken companies are no longer provide restore CD and if you want one you'll have to pay extra. I could be wrong lol haven't buy any pre-made pc since I build my own.
  7. Thank you guys!! Needless to say....I went for the dell....Just because I have never worked on asus machines and Dell @ work is all i know....Next one will for sure be a Asus though..i think ;)
  8. For a desktop stay away from ANY prebuilt... just make it yourself its cheaper..

For laptops I would say Asus but.. if your not gaming and don't change the setup much/at all dell is fine.
  9. Best answer selected by buwish.
  10. c11 said:
    Hello,
    I am debating on the overall quality and performance the 2 Companies have to offer for anyone. Computer litterate or not. I want to know what you all think...My boss says "Asus sucks, you should get a dell"...My close friend says "Dell is the scum that is still at the bottom even after the barrel has been scrubbed"....Dell or Asus?

Dell computers fall in to 2 general categories: Home and Business. If you are purchasing a machine from Dell's home computer line from online, or from Best Buy, Office Depot, etc. you will not see the same reliability as the business machine.

In this case, I would go with the Asus. It is a better choice.

If purchasing from the Dell business line, Dell would be the best choice. See the review from TechRepublic on Asus vs Dell.
  11. Dell Business vs Asus = Pick Dell
    Dell Home vs Asus = Pick Asus
  12. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Dell Asus Performance Computers