Event ID: 1000
Date: 7/26/2005
Time: 2:28:52 PM
User: N/A
Computer: 004XXXXXX-JULI
Faulting application msimn.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module
ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000012f1.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 6d 73 69 ure msi
0018: 6d 6e 2e 65 78 65 20 36 mn.exe 6
0020: 2e 30 2e 32 39 30 30 2e .0.2900.
0028: 32 31 38 30 20 69 6e 20 2180 in
0030: 6e 74 64 6c 6c 2e 64 6c ntdll.dl
0038: 6c 20 35 2e 31 2e 32 36 l 5.1.26
0040: 30 30 2e 32 31 38 30 20 00.2180
0048: 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 65 at offse
0050: 74 20 30 30 30 30 31 32 t 000012
0058: 66 31 0d 0a f1..

Thanks in advance for any help.

Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one?

General OE Caveats:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm.

- Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if
Automatic Compacting is taking place (WinXP SP2 only).

- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause
corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.

Your current Identity may be damaged, especially if its the default Main
Identity. Try one or more of your accounts in a new Named Identity
(File>Identities>Add new identity). Assuming all is well, import messages
from the old Identity before deleting it (File>Identities>Manage
Identities).

If addressing the above don't help, know that errors involving NTDLL.DLL and
Outlook Express or Internet Explorer are often caused by third-party
applications, usually unwanted ones:

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/tshoot.html

When all else fails, HijackThis v1.99.1
(http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware. **Post
your log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
for expert analysis, not here.**
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

bpbills wrote:
> This is the error message that I get whenever the create new mail button
> is clicked in Outlook Express 6. What is this and how do I fix it?
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Application Error
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1000
> Date: 7/26/2005
> Time: 2:28:52 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: 004XXXXXX-JULI
> Faulting application msimn.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module
> ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000012f1.
<snip>