What is this on my taskbar?

Since yesterday upon startup I am finding the word "Dialog" in my taskbar
and I don't know what it means. When right clicked, options are to move or
close and when left clicked nothing happens. Can someone tell me what this
is? Thanks, Josie
6 answers Last reply
More about what taskbar

    Josie wrote:

    > Since yesterday upon startup I am finding the word "Dialog" in my taskbar
    > and I don't know what it means. When right clicked, options are to move or
    > close and when left clicked nothing happens. Can someone tell me what this
    > is? Thanks, Josie

    Do a thorough check for malware:

    THE PARASITE FIGHT
    Finding, Removing & Protecting Yourself From Scumware
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    Richard Harper’s Guide to Cleaning Pests
    http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

    Also some clean boot troubleshooting:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    How to perform advanced clean-boot troubleshooting in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316434

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Josie,

    Is the entry listed when you right-click the Taskbar, and choose the
    Toolbars menu?

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Josie" <josie63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Since yesterday upon startup I am finding the word "Dialog" in my taskbar
    > and I don't know what it means. When right clicked, options are to move or
    > close and when left clicked nothing happens. Can someone tell me what this
    > is? Thanks, Josie

    This could be considered as "spyware" since you do not recall actually
    installing such a program.

    > Josie,
    >
    > Is the entry listed when you right-click the Taskbar, and choose the
    > Toolbars menu?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Josie" <josie63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Since yesterday upon startup I am finding the word "Dialog" in my taskbar
    >> and I don't know what it means. When right clicked, options are to move
    >> or
    >> close and when left clicked nothing happens. Can someone tell me what
    >> this
    >> is? Thanks, Josie

    May be, but it gives you some more information to track-down the DLL.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    > This could be considered as "spyware" since you do not recall actually
    > installing such a program.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Josie,
    >>
    >> Is the entry listed when you right-click the Taskbar, and choose the
    >> Toolbars menu?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Josie" <josie63@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Since yesterday upon startup I am finding the word "Dialog" in my
    >>> taskbar
    >>> and I don't know what it means. When right clicked, options are to move
    >>> or
    >>> close and when left clicked nothing happens. Can someone tell me what
    >>> this
    >>> is? Thanks, Josie

    Them run AD Aware Se, Spybot: Search and Destroy, CWShredder nas MS
    AntiSyprware (???) so as to check to see ig this may be listed as spywares.

    > May be, but it gives you some more information to track-down the DLL.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote in message
    >> This could be considered as "spyware" since you do not recall actually
    >> installing such a program.
    >>
    >> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >>> Josie,
    >>>
    >>> Is the entry listed when you right-click the Taskbar, and choose the
    >>> Toolbars menu?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>>

    >>> "Josie" <josie63@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    If not?

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    > Them run AD Aware Se, Spybot: Search and Destroy, CWShredder nas MS
    > AntiSyprware (???) so as to check to see ig this may be listed as
    > spywares.
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> May be, but it gives you some more information to track-down the DLL.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Yves Leclerc" <yleclercNOSPAM@maysys.com> wrote in message
    >>> This could be considered as "spyware" since you do not recall actually
    >>> installing such a program.
    >>>
    >>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

Taskbar Microsoft Dialog Windows XP