[RULES QUESTION] - [40K SM]

Hi all........

Now assuming that points are not a problem.....

Is there any reason that I could not use both a Captain and Chapter Master
in the same army so long as they led seperate HQ Squads ???

cheers in advance
19 answers Last reply
More about rules question

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
    message news:HNCQd.62128$68.26793@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > Hi all........
    >

    > Now assuming that points are not a problem.....
    >
    > Is there any reason that I could not use both a Captain and Chapter Master
    > in the same army so long as they led seperate HQ Squads ???

    Nope, you're allowed two HQ choices, so you may choose both a chaplain and a
    master. In fact, you can have them in the same command squad, give one a
    squad and have the other run free, etc. In fact, if your command squad is
    led by a master, you may buy a chaplain or librarian for that command squad,
    all with a singel HQ choice. This is all explained on p. 21 of the Codex
    under "Space Marine Characters"

    Karyth Teel
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Karyth Teel wrote:
    > "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com>
    > wrote in message
    >> Hi all........
    >>

    >> Now assuming that points are not a problem.....
    >>
    >> Is there any reason that I could not use both a Captain and Chapter
    >> Master in the same army so long as they led seperate HQ Squads ???
    >
    > Nope, you're allowed two HQ choices, so you may choose both a
    > chaplain and a master. In fact, you can have them in the same
    > command squad, give one a squad and have the other run free, etc. In
    > fact, if your command squad is led by a master, you may buy a
    > chaplain or librarian for that command squad, all with a singel HQ
    > choice. This is all explained on p. 21 of the Codex under "Space
    > Marine Characters"

    You misread the OP.

    But the answer is still yes - you can have a Captain (not chaplain) and
    Chapter Master, as there isn't a 0-1 in the unit name. You can have neither,
    either, or both with Command Squads too if you wish - you don't have to take
    command squads for characters, but they can be useful.

    Dan
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Thanks...............

    basically I have a few Razorbacks to fill (8 as of this AM) and a couple of
    Landraiders.....

    and I bought the new Commander kit................

    then thought......what the hell, paint them as Ultracheese and buy the
    Marneus Calgar etc..... and one thing as you know leads to
    another.............. and :)

    Thanks anyway
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    > Thanks...............
    >
    > basically I have a few Razorbacks to fill (8 as of this AM) and a
    > couple of Landraiders.....
    >
    > and I bought the new Commander kit................
    >
    > then thought......what the hell, paint them as Ultracheese and buy the
    > Marneus Calgar etc..... and one thing as you know leads to
    > another.............. and :)

    You're going to have fun then. At least you can easily convert the
    Razorbacks to Rhinos if you don't glue in the top hatch, makes your army
    that little bit more flexible should you decide you need to move 10 marines
    at a time instead of 6.

    If you keep buying at this rate you'll have more 40K stuff than me ... :P

    Dan
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    ahhh

    I neglected to mention the 4 Rhinos I have sat in the cellar awaiting
    construction

    ;)

    "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    >> Thanks...............
    >>
    >> basically I have a few Razorbacks to fill (8 as of this AM) and a
    >> couple of Landraiders.....
    >>
    >> and I bought the new Commander kit................
    >>
    >> then thought......what the hell, paint them as Ultracheese and buy the
    >> Marneus Calgar etc..... and one thing as you know leads to
    >> another.............. and :)
    >
    > You're going to have fun then. At least you can easily convert the
    > Razorbacks to Rhinos if you don't glue in the top hatch, makes your army
    > that little bit more flexible should you decide you need to move 10
    > marines at a time instead of 6.
    >
    > If you keep buying at this rate you'll have more 40K stuff than me ... :P
    >
    > Dan

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    > ahhh
    >
    > I neglected to mention the 4 Rhinos I have sat in the cellar awaiting
    > construction

    You're going to have great fun squeezing those and everything else into a
    FOC :P

    Dan
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    yup

    But I am over the FOC limits already........ heheheheheheh

    I have not had so much fun since I built my first pre slotta Orc army in
    the 80's

    > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    >> ahhh
    >>
    >> I neglected to mention the 4 Rhinos I have sat in the cellar awaiting
    >> construction
    >
    > You're going to have great fun squeezing those and everything else into a
    > FOC :P
    >
    > Dan

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    > yup
    >
    > But I am over the FOC limits already........ heheheheheheh
    >
    > I have not had so much fun since I built my first pre slotta Orc army
    > in the 80's

    You might want to slow down ... otherwise you'll look at your army and think
    "wtf was I doing?" and start dumping it on eBay :P

    http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves/

    And that's an old set of photos - I've had to put 2 more shelves in to
    accomodate the stuff I've been buying recently ;) I might try and get the
    pics updated this weekend.

    Dan
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Spack wrote:
    > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    >> yup
    >>
    >> But I am over the FOC limits already........ heheheheheheh
    >>
    >> I have not had so much fun since I built my first pre slotta Orc army
    >> in the 80's
    >
    > You might want to slow down ... otherwise you'll look at your army
    > and think "wtf was I doing?" and start dumping it on eBay :P
    >
    > http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves/
    >
    > And that's an old set of photos - I've had to put 2 more shelves in to
    > accomodate the stuff I've been buying recently ;) I might try and
    > get the pics updated this weekend.

    Oh, in case you're wondering what all those boxes are in the bottom set of
    shelves ...

    http://www.worldofspack.com/id7.html

    :\

    Dan
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Spack <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote:
    > Oh, in case you're wondering what all those boxes are in the bottom set of
    > shelves ...

    > http://www.worldofspack.com/id7.html

    Good grief, and here I foolishly thought I had a lot of unpainted stuff!

    Zane
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Not bad........not bad at all

    I doubt much of my stuff will see Ebay....

    I paint around 100 figures a week :)

    And I have this nice pearlescent technique for marine armour.

    I have a load of projects on the go at the moment.......... there's 3 Mumaks
    and 360 Haradrim sat awaiting my attention and I just sold the last of my
    7,000 25mm historicals (fed up with historical stuff) so I have plenty of
    room. I just wish I'd not sold my Pre slotta Orcs 2 years ago..... DOH
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Spack wrote:
    > http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves/
    >
    > And that's an old set of photos - I've had to put 2 more shelves in to
    > accomodate the stuff I've been buying recently ;)

    Hmm... Pretty fair collection. I think our total collections are
    roughly comparable, aside from the fact that I've also got a WFB painted
    up. What's interesting is that your 40k collection ranges overlap
    almost perfectly with mine: Eldar, WH, IG, SM, DH, and Chaos.

    For 40k, you definitely have the edge in assembled vehicles, and total
    vehicles. In general, I think I am generally farther along in painting
    than you are, both from a total volume and from a per army standpoint. :P

    I've got much more infantry, and far more of them painted. I'm curious
    whether you can field a fully-painted (not necessarily based) GT-sized
    (1850 pt) army in any of your ranges. I think I can do that with
    any/all of my ranges.

    > Oh, in case you're wondering what all those boxes are in the
    > bottom set of shelves ...
    >
    > http://www.worldofspack.com/id7.html

    Hmm... I've got about 3 large boxes worth of new stuff, but I'm more
    diverse: Ogre Minatures, BFG, Warmaster, WFB, and Inquisitor in
    addition to 40k. :)

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    John Hwang wrote:
    > I've got much more infantry, and far more of them painted. I'm
    > curious whether you can field a fully-painted (not necessarily based)
    > GT-sized (1850 pt) army in any of your ranges. I think I can do that
    > with any/all of my ranges.

    Not yet. Unless you count fully painted as "undercoated black and then base
    coated green" in which case I could probably squeeze out a Dark Angels army
    :\

    Dan
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Out from under a rock popped Spack and said

    > Not yet. Unless you count fully painted as "undercoated black and then
    > base coated green" in which case I could probably squeeze out a Dark
    > Angels army
    >:\

    If you find that a Dark Angel has entered you, you should always call
    for the Apothecary rather than attempting to squeeze it out.

    --
    Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
    Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

    Robert Singers wrote:
    <snip>
    > If you find that a Dark Angel has entered you, you should always call
    > for the Apothecary rather than attempting to squeeze it out.

    OUTTAKE!

    -Joe
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    On the 16 Feb 2005, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote:

    > Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    > > yup
    > >
    > > But I am over the FOC limits already........ heheheheheheh
    > >
    > > I have not had so much fun since I built my first pre slotta Orc army
    > > in the 80's
    >
    > You might want to slow down ... otherwise you'll look at your army and think
    > "wtf was I doing?" and start dumping it on eBay :P
    >
    > http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves/
    >
    > And that's an old set of photos - I've had to put 2 more shelves in to
    > accomodate the stuff I've been buying recently ;) I might try and get the
    > pics updated this weekend.

    Remind me on to get pix of my brother's miniature cabinets. He has
    /two/ Ikea glass-fronted cabinets of a similar size to what your main
    shelving unit appears to be, and all of the shelves are pretty packed.
    Even scarier, virtually all of the models are actually painted...

    As for me, I have a rather small shelf in my room with my 2000ish point
    Tau army on it. It just about fits, but I'm still trying to work out how
    I'm going to fit my third Devilfish on it.

    --
    Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
    The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

    nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Graham Thurlwell" <nospam@jades.org> wrote in message
    > On the 16 Feb 2005, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    >> > yup
    >> >
    >> > But I am over the FOC limits already........ heheheheheheh
    >> >
    >> > I have not had so much fun since I built my first pre slotta Orc army
    >> > in the 80's
    >>
    >> You might want to slow down ... otherwise you'll look at your army and
    >> think
    >> "wtf was I doing?" and start dumping it on eBay :P
    >>
    >> http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves/
    >>
    >> And that's an old set of photos - I've had to put 2 more shelves in to
    >> accomodate the stuff I've been buying recently ;) I might try and get
    >> the
    >> pics updated this weekend.
    >
    > Remind me on to get pix of my brother's miniature cabinets. He has
    > /two/ Ikea glass-fronted cabinets of a similar size to what your main
    > shelving unit appears to be, and all of the shelves are pretty packed.
    > Even scarier, virtually all of the models are actually painted...

    That main shelving unit is 200cm high x 80cm wide, and with the 2 extra
    shelves added has 9 shelfs in total (the 10th surface at the bottom has a
    couple of FW buildings on it atm). It's an Ikea Billy bookshelf, the largest
    one they do. The unit with the boxes in is a little smaller, and then I've
    stacked another unit on top to put books and bits boxes in.

    Just took a pic - http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves0224.jpg

    The brown box at the bottom left is full of Amera scenery - they do nice
    simple vacformed plastic buildings and road pieces, I've got enough in there
    to cover most of a 6'x4' table and cost less than the centre FW building at
    the bottom of the bookshelf unit :\

    So, another Brit, eh? ;)

    Dan
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    AMERA ??

    Link if possible ?????

    I cannot complain...... I started painting on Monday and have my first 6
    Razorback Squads finished and its only Thursday all painted to a comfortable
    9/10....but that said I HAVE been painting for 25 years in comps and pro and
    thus it s a piss in the ocean...........mind you I dont get paid for
    these......

    That saud again.......... my previous 30 figures sold for £250 9 days
    ago...... funding the Ultramarine horde nicely.

    Hmmmmmmmmmmm 13th Company next....... maybe a fortnight

    LOL
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
    message news:WVpTd.175264$B8.66904@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > AMERA ??
    >
    > Link if possible ?????

    http://www.amera.co.uk/future.php

    Also check the ruined chapel in the fantasy section
    http://www.amera.co.uk/fantasy.php#F224

    :)

    Dan

Games LED Monitor Video Games