[RULES QUESTION] - [40K SM]

Hi all........

Now assuming that points are not a problem.....

Is there any reason that I could not use both a Captain and Chapter Master
in the same army so long as they led seperate HQ Squads ???

cheers in advance

"Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
message news:HNCQd.62128$68.26793@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi all........
>

> Now assuming that points are not a problem.....
>
> Is there any reason that I could not use both a Captain and Chapter Master
> in the same army so long as they led seperate HQ Squads ???

Nope, you're allowed two HQ choices, so you may choose both a chaplain and a
master. In fact, you can have them in the same command squad, give one a
squad and have the other run free, etc. In fact, if your command squad is
led by a master, you may buy a chaplain or librarian for that command squad,
all with a singel HQ choice. This is all explained on p. 21 of the Codex
under "Space Marine Characters"

Karyth Teel

Karyth Teel wrote:
> "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com>
> wrote in message
>> Hi all........
>>

>> Now assuming that points are not a problem.....
>>
>> Is there any reason that I could not use both a Captain and Chapter
>> Master in the same army so long as they led seperate HQ Squads ???
>
> Nope, you're allowed two HQ choices, so you may choose both a
> chaplain and a master. In fact, you can have them in the same
> command squad, give one a squad and have the other run free, etc. In
> fact, if your command squad is led by a master, you may buy a
> chaplain or librarian for that command squad, all with a singel HQ
> choice. This is all explained on p. 21 of the Codex under "Space
> Marine Characters"

You misread the OP.

But the answer is still yes - you can have a Captain (not chaplain) and
Chapter Master, as there isn't a 0-1 in the unit name. You can have neither,
either, or both with Command Squads too if you wish - you don't have to take
command squads for characters, but they can be useful.

Dan

Thanks...............

basically I have a few Razorbacks to fill (8 as of this AM) and a couple of
Landraiders.....

and I bought the new Commander kit................

then thought......what the hell, paint them as Ultracheese and buy the
Marneus Calgar etc..... and one thing as you know leads to
another.............. and :)

Thanks anyway

Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
> Thanks...............
>
> basically I have a few Razorbacks to fill (8 as of this AM) and a
> couple of Landraiders.....
>
> and I bought the new Commander kit................
>
> then thought......what the hell, paint them as Ultracheese and buy the
> Marneus Calgar etc..... and one thing as you know leads to
> another.............. and :)

You're going to have fun then. At least you can easily convert the
Razorbacks to Rhinos if you don't glue in the top hatch, makes your army
that little bit more flexible should you decide you need to move 10 marines
at a time instead of 6.

If you keep buying at this rate you'll have more 40K stuff than me ... :p

Dan

ahhh

I neglected to mention the 4 Rhinos I have sat in the cellar awaiting
construction

;)

"Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
>> Thanks...............
>>
>> basically I have a few Razorbacks to fill (8 as of this AM) and a
>> couple of Landraiders.....
>>
>> and I bought the new Commander kit................
>>
>> then thought......what the hell, paint them as Ultracheese and buy the
>> Marneus Calgar etc..... and one thing as you know leads to
>> another.............. and :)
>
> You're going to have fun then. At least you can easily convert the
> Razorbacks to Rhinos if you don't glue in the top hatch, makes your army
> that little bit more flexible should you decide you need to move 10
> marines at a time instead of 6.
>
> If you keep buying at this rate you'll have more 40K stuff than me ... :p
>
> Dan

Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
> ahhh
>
> I neglected to mention the 4 Rhinos I have sat in the cellar awaiting
> construction

You're going to have great fun squeezing those and everything else into a
FOC :p

Dan

yup

But I am over the FOC limits already........ heheheheheheh

I have not had so much fun since I built my first pre slotta Orc army in
the 80's

> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
>> ahhh
>>
>> I neglected to mention the 4 Rhinos I have sat in the cellar awaiting
>> construction
>
> You're going to have great fun squeezing those and everything else into a
> FOC :p
>
> Dan

Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
> yup
>
> But I am over the FOC limits already........ heheheheheheh
>
> I have not had so much fun since I built my first pre slotta Orc army
> in the 80's

You might want to slow down ... otherwise you'll look at your army and think
"wtf was I doing?" and start dumping it on eBay :p

http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves/

And that's an old set of photos - I've had to put 2 more shelves in to
accomodate the stuff I've been buying recently ;) I might try and get the
pics updated this weekend.

Dan

Spack wrote:
> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
>> yup
>>
>> But I am over the FOC limits already........ heheheheheheh
>>
>> I have not had so much fun since I built my first pre slotta Orc army
>> in the 80's
>
> You might want to slow down ... otherwise you'll look at your army
> and think "wtf was I doing?" and start dumping it on eBay :p
>
> http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves/
>
> And that's an old set of photos - I've had to put 2 more shelves in to
> accomodate the stuff I've been buying recently ;) I might try and
> get the pics updated this weekend.

Oh, in case you're wondering what all those boxes are in the bottom set of
shelves ...

http://www.worldofspack.com/id7.html

:\

Dan

Spack <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote:
> Oh, in case you're wondering what all those boxes are in the bottom set of
> shelves ...

> http://www.worldofspack.com/id7.html

Good grief, and here I foolishly thought I had a lot of unpainted stuff!

Zane

Not bad........not bad at all

I doubt much of my stuff will see Ebay....

I paint around 100 figures a week :)

And I have this nice pearlescent technique for marine armour.

I have a load of projects on the go at the moment.......... there's 3 Mumaks
and 360 Haradrim sat awaiting my attention and I just sold the last of my
7,000 25mm historicals (fed up with historical stuff) so I have plenty of
room. I just wish I'd not sold my Pre slotta Orcs 2 years ago..... DOH

Spack wrote:
> http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves/
>
> And that's an old set of photos - I've had to put 2 more shelves in to
> accomodate the stuff I've been buying recently ;)

Hmm... Pretty fair collection. I think our total collections are
roughly comparable, aside from the fact that I've also got a WFB painted
up. What's interesting is that your 40k collection ranges overlap
almost perfectly with mine: Eldar, WH, IG, SM, DH, and Chaos.

For 40k, you definitely have the edge in assembled vehicles, and total
vehicles. In general, I think I am generally farther along in painting
than you are, both from a total volume and from a per army standpoint. :p

I've got much more infantry, and far more of them painted. I'm curious
whether you can field a fully-painted (not necessarily based) GT-sized
(1850 pt) army in any of your ranges. I think I can do that with
any/all of my ranges.

> Oh, in case you're wondering what all those boxes are in the
> bottom set of shelves ...
>
> http://www.worldofspack.com/id7.html

Hmm... I've got about 3 large boxes worth of new stuff, but I'm more
diverse: Ogre Minatures, BFG, Warmaster, WFB, and Inquisitor in
addition to 40k. :)

\-|-/

John Hwang wrote:
> I've got much more infantry, and far more of them painted. I'm
> curious whether you can field a fully-painted (not necessarily based)
> GT-sized (1850 pt) army in any of your ranges. I think I can do that
> with any/all of my ranges.

Not yet. Unless you count fully painted as "undercoated black and then base
coated green" in which case I could probably squeeze out a Dark Angels army
:\

Dan

Out from under a rock popped Spack and said

> Not yet. Unless you count fully painted as "undercoated black and then
> base coated green" in which case I could probably squeeze out a Dark
> Angels army
>:\

If you find that a Dark Angel has entered you, you should always call
for the Apothecary rather than attempting to squeeze it out.

--
Rob Singers RGMW FAQ Maintainer. See it @ http://www.rgmw.org
Send submissions to submissions at rgmw dot org changing the obvious.

Robert Singers wrote:
<snip>
> If you find that a Dark Angel has entered you, you should always call
> for the Apothecary rather than attempting to squeeze it out.

OUTTAKE!

-Joe

On the 16 Feb 2005, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote:

> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
> > yup
> >
> > But I am over the FOC limits already........ heheheheheheh
> >
> > I have not had so much fun since I built my first pre slotta Orc army
> > in the 80's
>
> You might want to slow down ... otherwise you'll look at your army and think
> "wtf was I doing?" and start dumping it on eBay :p
>
> http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves/
>
> And that's an old set of photos - I've had to put 2 more shelves in to
> accomodate the stuff I've been buying recently ;) I might try and get the
> pics updated this weekend.

Remind me on to get pix of my brother's miniature cabinets. He has
/two/ Ikea glass-fronted cabinets of a similar size to what your main
shelving unit appears to be, and all of the shelves are pretty packed.
Even scarier, virtually all of the models are actually painted...

As for me, I have a rather small shelf in my room with my 2000ish point
Tau army on it. It just about fits, but I'm still trying to work out how
I'm going to fit my third Devilfish on it.

--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

"Graham Thurlwell" <nospam@jades.org> wrote in message
> On the 16 Feb 2005, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
>> > yup
>> >
>> > But I am over the FOC limits already........ heheheheheheh
>> >
>> > I have not had so much fun since I built my first pre slotta Orc army
>> > in the 80's
>>
>> You might want to slow down ... otherwise you'll look at your army and
>> think
>> "wtf was I doing?" and start dumping it on eBay :p
>>
>> http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves/
>>
>> And that's an old set of photos - I've had to put 2 more shelves in to
>> accomodate the stuff I've been buying recently ;) I might try and get
>> the
>> pics updated this weekend.
>
> Remind me on to get pix of my brother's miniature cabinets. He has
> /two/ Ikea glass-fronted cabinets of a similar size to what your main
> shelving unit appears to be, and all of the shelves are pretty packed.
> Even scarier, virtually all of the models are actually painted...

That main shelving unit is 200cm high x 80cm wide, and with the 2 extra
shelves added has 9 shelfs in total (the 10th surface at the bottom has a
couple of FW buildings on it atm). It's an Ikea Billy bookshelf, the largest
one they do. The unit with the boxes in is a little smaller, and then I've
stacked another unit on top to put books and bits boxes in.

Just took a pic - http://www.worldofspack.com/gw/shelves0224.jpg

The brown box at the bottom left is full of Amera scenery - they do nice
simple vacformed plastic buildings and road pieces, I've got enough in there
to cover most of a 6'x4' table and cost less than the centre FW building at
the bottom of the bookshelf unit :\

So, another Brit, eh? ;)

Dan

AMERA ??

Link if possible ?????

I cannot complain...... I started painting on Monday and have my first 6
Razorback Squads finished and its only Thursday all painted to a comfortable
9/10....but that said I HAVE been painting for 25 years in comps and pro and
thus it s a piss in the ocean...........mind you I dont get paid for
these......

That saud again.......... my previous 30 figures sold for £250 9 days
ago...... funding the Ultramarine horde nicely.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm 13th Company next....... maybe a fortnight

LOL