  • Internet Explorer
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 26, 2005 9:03:01 PM

I have a problem with my windows IE...it's gone missing. I can't find the
icon, I can't find a folder, I got nothing here. I am running xp pro and
there was a problem last week when my daughter started to install an
educational game and then turned the computer off half way through. I went
to the marketplace and tried to download version 6.0 sp1, but the sight said
that I had a newer version already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : internet explorer

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:15:01 PM

No good. It says that the file doesn't exist or something or other. I tried
a full computer search for iexplore.exe and came up with nothing.
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:24:18 AM

Hi,

You can create a shortcut to Internet Explorer and place it on the desktop. Right click on an empty
space on the desktop and select new and shortcut. Put the following command line in the new shortcut
dialog box:

C:\Program Files\iexplore.exe

Replace C: with the drive letter on which Windows XP is installed on your machine if neccessary.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Scorpiobuzz" <Scorpiobuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with my windows IE...it's gone missing. I can't find the
> icon, I can't find a folder, I got nothing here. I am running xp pro and
> there was a problem last week when my daughter started to install an
> educational game and then turned the computer off half way through. I went
> to the marketplace and tried to download version 6.0 sp1, but the sight said
> that I had a newer version already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
July 27, 2005 10:50:19 AM

Scorpiobuzz wrote:

> No good. It says that the file doesn't exist or something or other.
> I tried a full computer search for iexplore.exe and came up with
> nothing.

It sounds like your computer has got its Registry in a twist and is in
an unknown state. Without seeing the computer, the only thing I can
suggest is doing a Repair Install. Make sure you back up any data
first. If you aren't particularly computer savvy, you may want to take
the machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local
equivalent of BigStoreUSA) for a hands-on diagnosis.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com