Internet Explorer

I have a problem with my windows IE...it's gone missing. I can't find the
icon, I can't find a folder, I got nothing here. I am running xp pro and
there was a problem last week when my daughter started to install an
educational game and then turned the computer off half way through. I went
to the marketplace and tried to download version 6.0 sp1, but the sight said
that I had a newer version already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer

    No good. It says that the file doesn't exist or something or other. I tried
    a full computer search for iexplore.exe and came up with nothing.

    Hi,

    You can create a shortcut to Internet Explorer and place it on the desktop. Right click on an empty
    space on the desktop and select new and shortcut. Put the following command line in the new shortcut
    dialog box:

    C:\Program Files\iexplore.exe

    Replace C: with the drive letter on which Windows XP is installed on your machine if neccessary.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Scorpiobuzz wrote:

    > No good. It says that the file doesn't exist or something or other.
    > I tried a full computer search for iexplore.exe and came up with
    > nothing.

    It sounds like your computer has got its Registry in a twist and is in
    an unknown state. Without seeing the computer, the only thing I can
    suggest is doing a Repair Install. Make sure you back up any data
    first. If you aren't particularly computer savvy, you may want to take
    the machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local
    equivalent of BigStoreUSA) for a hands-on diagnosis.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com