Problem with Windows Explorer

I have a problem with windows explorer. When I look at files/folders on
network drives I can see and access them for about 1 or two minutes. Then
the Windows Explorer closes. The whole desktop screen goes to background
(blue) color for a second or two and then the normal desktop reappears.
However the opened windows explorer is now the unopened icon.
Any suggestions to this very frustrating problem. Have a small network ,3
computers behind a netgear internet router.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem windows explorer

    John Monahan wrote:

    > I have a problem with windows explorer. When I look at files/folders
    > on network drives I can see and access them for about 1 or two
    > minutes. Then the Windows Explorer closes. The whole desktop screen
    > goes to background (blue) color for a second or two and then the
    > normal desktop reappears. However the opened windows explorer is now
    > the unopened icon. Any suggestions to this very frustrating problem.
    > Have a small network ,3 computers behind a netgear internet router.

    It sounds like you are losing your network connection. Some things to
    try, making only one change at a time and testing after each change:

    1. Swap out the ethernet cable going from the affected pc to the router
    for a known-working one.

    2. Change the port to which the ethernet cable is connected on the
    router; i.e., if the cable is connected to Port 2 put it in Port 4.

    3. Uninstall the NIC in the affected pc and put in a known-working one.

    After you've tried those things, if you need more help post back with
    results of your tests.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

Windows Explorer Desktops Microsoft Windows XP