Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Registry Edit

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:10:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
simple things.
Any help would be welcome.
Foxhole

More about : registry edit

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:39:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Here's one link - free
http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&guide=registr...




"Foxhole" wrote:

> Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
> and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
> instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
> simple things.
> Any help would be welcome.
> Foxhole
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 10:54:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thank, Downloaded all pages to PDF and will study
Foxhole

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Here's one link - free
> http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&guide=registr...
>
>
>
>
> "Foxhole" wrote:
>
> > Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
> > and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
> > instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
> > simple things.
> > Any help would be welcome.
> > Foxhole
Related resources
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 1:15:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Foxhole" <Foxhole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in:

> Thank, Downloaded all pages to PDF and will study
> Foxhole

Pay close attention to how to back up the registry and how to restore it.
That way if something does go wrong you'll be able to recover.


--
David R. Norton MVP
<d_r_norton@yahoo.com>
July 27, 2005 2:38:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Foxhole wrote:

> Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
> and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
> instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
> simple things.
> Any help would be welcome.
> Foxhole

ERUNT is a good program for saving copies of the registry that can be
restored.

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt...

[Installing & Using ERUNT]
http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_eruntuse.html
http://www.winxptutor.com/regback.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 5:07:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Rock:
Thanks for all the good info. I will put it to good use, at least now if I
happen to make a mistake I will able to get back to where I was.
How about the other app on that web site, ntregopt, is it worth trying ?
Foxhole

"Rock" wrote:

> Foxhole wrote:
>
> > Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
> > and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
> > instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
> > simple things.
> > Any help would be welcome.
> > Foxhole
>
> ERUNT is a good program for saving copies of the registry that can be
> restored.
>
> http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
> http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt...
>
> [Installing & Using ERUNT]
> http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_eruntuse.html
> http://www.winxptutor.com/regback.htm
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
>
>
July 27, 2005 6:53:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Foxhole wrote:

> Rock:
> Thanks for all the good info. I will put it to good use, at least now if I
> happen to make a mistake I will able to get back to where I was.
> How about the other app on that web site, ntregopt, is it worth trying ?
> Foxhole
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>
>
>>Foxhole wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
>>>and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
>>>instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
>>>simple things.
>>>Any help would be welcome.
>>>Foxhole
>>
>>ERUNT is a good program for saving copies of the registry that can be
>>restored.
>>
>>http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
>>http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt...
>>
>>[Installing & Using ERUNT]
>>http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_eruntuse.html
>>http://www.winxptutor.com/regback.htm
>>
>>--
>>Rock
>>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
>>
>>

I use it occasionally - it will decrease the size of the registry if you
have made a significant number of deletions.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 7:21:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Rock" wrote:

> Foxhole wrote:
>
> > Rock:
> > Thanks for all the good info. I will put it to good use, at least now if I
> > happen to make a mistake I will able to get back to where I was.
> > How about the other app on that web site, ntregopt, is it worth trying ?
> > Foxhole
> >
> > "Rock" wrote:
> >
> >
> >>Foxhole wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
> >>>and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
> >>>instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
> >>>simple things.
> >>>Any help would be welcome.
> >>>Foxhole
> >>
> >>ERUNT is a good program for saving copies of the registry that can be
> >>restored.
> >>
> >>http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
> >>http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt...
> >>
> >>[Installing & Using ERUNT]
> >>http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_eruntuse.html
> >>http://www.winxptutor.com/regback.htm
> >>
> >>--
> >>Rock
> >>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
> >>
> >>
>
> I use it occasionally - it will decrease the size of the registry if you
> have made a significant number of deletions.
>
> --
> Rock
> MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Well I'll give it a try. I use this notebook as a test bed for programs to
see how they work. Most of them don"t make it.
Again thanks for the good info.
Foxhole
July 27, 2005 8:02:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Foxhole wrote:

<snip>

> Well I'll give it a try. I use this notebook as a test bed for programs to
> see how they work. Most of them don"t make it.
> Again thanks for the good info.
> Foxhole

You're welcome.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
!