Registry Edit

Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
simple things.
Any help would be welcome.
Foxhole
8 answers Last reply
More about registry edit

    Here's one link - free
    http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&guide=registry

    "Foxhole" wrote:

    > Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
    > and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
    > instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
    > simple things.
    > Any help would be welcome.
    > Foxhole

    Thank, Downloaded all pages to PDF and will study
    Foxhole

    "Foxhole" <Foxhole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in:

    > Thank, Downloaded all pages to PDF and will study
    > Foxhole

    Pay close attention to how to back up the registry and how to restore it.
    That way if something does go wrong you'll be able to recover.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <d_r_norton@yahoo.com>

    Foxhole wrote:

    > Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
    > and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
    > instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
    > simple things.
    > Any help would be welcome.
    > Foxhole

    ERUNT is a good program for saving copies of the registry that can be
    restored.

    http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt.txt

    [Installing & Using ERUNT]
    http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_eruntuse.html
    http://www.winxptutor.com/regback.htm

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Rock:
    Thanks for all the good info. I will put it to good use, at least now if I
    happen to make a mistake I will able to get back to where I was.
    How about the other app on that web site, ntregopt, is it worth trying ?
    Foxhole

    Foxhole wrote:

    > Rock:
    > Thanks for all the good info. I will put it to good use, at least now if I
    > happen to make a mistake I will able to get back to where I was.
    > How about the other app on that web site, ntregopt, is it worth trying ?
    > Foxhole
    >
    > "Rock" wrote:
    >

    >>Foxhole wrote:
    >>

    >>>Will someone tell me where I can obtain the resorces to learn how to properly
    >>>and safely edit the registry. I have complete some edits by following
    >>>instruction in magazine articles but really don't understand except for a few
    >>>simple things.
    >>>Any help would be welcome.
    >>>Foxhole
    >>
    >>ERUNT is a good program for saving copies of the registry that can be
    >>restored.
    >>
    >>http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
    >>http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt.txt
    >>
    >>[Installing & Using ERUNT]
    >>http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_eruntuse.html
    >>http://www.winxptutor.com/regback.htm
    >>
    >>--
    >>Rock
    >>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    I use it occasionally - it will decrease the size of the registry if you
    have made a significant number of deletions.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Rock" wrote:

    > Foxhole wrote:
    >
    > > Rock:
    > > Thanks for all the good info. I will put it to good use, at least now if I
    > > happen to make a mistake I will able to get back to where I was.
    > > How about the other app on that web site, ntregopt, is it worth trying ?
    > > Foxhole

    > >>ERUNT is a good program for saving copies of the registry that can be
    > >>restored.
    > >>
    > >>http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
    > >>http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt.txt
    > >>
    > >>[Installing & Using ERUNT]
    > >>http://www.silentrunners.org/sr_eruntuse.html
    > >>http://www.winxptutor.com/regback.htm
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>Rock
    > >>MS MVP Windows - Shell/User
    > >>

    > I use it occasionally - it will decrease the size of the registry if you
    > have made a significant number of deletions.
    >
    > --
    > Rock
    > MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Well I'll give it a try. I use this notebook as a test bed for programs to
    see how they work. Most of them don"t make it.
    Again thanks for the good info.
    Foxhole

    Foxhole wrote:

    <snip>

    > Well I'll give it a try. I use this notebook as a test bed for programs to
    > see how they work. Most of them don"t make it.
    > Again thanks for the good info.
    > Foxhole

    You're welcome.

    --