What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?

a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2005 10:12:02 PM

What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?

Thanks.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2005 11:16:01 PM

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1791681,00.a...

Happy Reading...

A friend recentlly told me that AGP slots are being replaced with a new type
of slot. I was futher showed a picture of a MB with dual display slots with
dual adapter cards. My understanding is that the dual adapter cards yielded
a dual-processor capability. I blieve the setup carried a $500 price tag.

I haven't kept uptodate with the latest on MB design and display adapters so
I don't know if the LDDM (Longhorn Display Driver Model) you mentioned is a
part of this newer technology.
--
Cordially,
Wayne H. Wilhelm

"Onlyjamesbond007" wrote:

> What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
> What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?
>

> Thanks.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2005 1:13:49 AM

"Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in:

> What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?

It's probably not fixed for sure yet. The first Beta version is about to be
released and there could be many changes between that and the final version.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<d_r_norton@yahoo.com>

Onlyjamesbond007 wrote:
> What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
> What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?

Isn't there a bathhouse yet devoted to Longdong/Pista quearies?

--
Peace!
Kurt

Thanks for comments. So, are there any mainstream graphic card from co. like
Nvidia or Ati that is LDDM compatible or compliant?

Thanks.

"David R. Norton MVP" wrote:

> "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in:
>
> > What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
>
> It's probably not fixed for sure yet. The first Beta version is about to be
> released and there could be many changes between that and the final version.
>

> --
> David R. Norton MVP
> <d_r_norton@yahoo.com>

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2005 10:25:24 AM

"Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in:

> Thanks for comments. So, are there any mainstream graphic card from co.
> like Nvidia or Ati that is LDDM compatible or compliant?
>
> Thanks.

Yes, I believe so, check Nvidia and ATIs websites for the latest and
greatest.

I can't help much because I've a very old graphics card that I'll probably
have to replace later and I'm waiting.....

What I meant by my previous comment is that I wouldn't get a new graphics
card now unless mine stopped working, I'd wait until the final edition of
Windows Vista is out. By waiting, you'll have three advantages. You'll know
the final requirements for top performance and you'll probably be able to get
a card tailored specifically for Windows Vista that's not even on the market
yet. Last but not least, any card you buy today will be hopelessly obsolete
by the time Windows Vista is released! ;-)

As always, your mileage may vary.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<d_r_norton@yahoo.com>

Should be too much different from what has been released to the public
regarding Boghorn(Shiesta). So far it looks just like XP with a side bar
that tells you the time.

LDDM; Longhorn Display Driver Model, technological advancement? Or just
marketing?. For more info google it.

It would be more graphics card capabilty rather then being *on* the graphics
card, like DirectX and OpenGL is. You'll die if you hold your breath though,
Service Pack 4 might still beat it to the desktop.

- Winux P

"Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
> What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?
>

> Thanks.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2005 4:28:15 PM

"Wayne H. Wilhelm" <WayneHWilhelm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1AA13447-359F-4828-9F1A-13997CC9283B@microsoft.com...
> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1791681,00.a...
>
> Happy Reading...
>
> A friend recentlly told me that AGP slots are being replaced with a new
> type
> of slot.

PCI Express. Still big arguements between PCI Express and AGP technologies,
just read some PC Mags. Funny enough they're constantly trying to sell you
the new technology.

> I was futher showed a picture of a MB with dual display slots with
> dual adapter cards.

Yes.

>My understanding is that the dual adapter cards yielded
> a dual-processor capability. I blieve the setup carried a $500 price tag.

Indeed I have one $AUD 560, for a decent NVIDIA one. Some come with air
conditioners attached to them.

> I haven't kept uptodate with the latest on MB design and display adapters
> so
> I don't know if the LDDM (Longhorn Display Driver Model) you mentioned is
> part of this newer technology.

They work quite well in XP, but I only have one card. Increase your PC
budget if you want a MoBo that can take two cards, for now anyway.

- Winux P

> --
> Cordially,
> Wayne H. Wilhelm
> Personal Web: http://www.quadracalc.com
>

> "Onlyjamesbond007" wrote:
>
>> What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
>> What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?
>>

>> Thanks.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2005 4:33:59 AM

"Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
>What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?

If you have legitimate access to the Vista beta release then you will
also have access to private newsgroups for that beta, and that is the
place where you should ask this question.

Otherwise "those who know cannot say; and those who say cannot know".

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2005 4:34:00 AM

Thanks! Good Luck 4 u all :) )

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
> >What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?
> >

> If you have legitimate access to the Vista beta release then you will
> also have access to private newsgroups for that beta, and that is the
> place where you should ask this question.
>
> Otherwise "those who know cannot say; and those who say cannot know".
>
> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 29, 2005 5:17:09 AM

Ron Martell wrote:
> "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
>>What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?
>>

> If you have legitimate access to the Vista beta release then you will
> also have access to private newsgroups for that beta, and that is the
> place where you should ask this question.
>
> Otherwise "those who know cannot say; and those who say cannot know".

What about
<http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/graphics-r...;
?

r0y