What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?

What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?

Thanks.
10 answers Last reply
More about what longhorn vista display graphic requirement

    Happy Reading...

    A friend recentlly told me that AGP slots are being replaced with a new type
    of slot. I was futher showed a picture of a MB with dual display slots with
    dual adapter cards. My understanding is that the dual adapter cards yielded
    a dual-processor capability. I blieve the setup carried a $500 price tag.

    I haven't kept uptodate with the latest on MB design and display adapters so
    I don't know if the LDDM (Longhorn Display Driver Model) you mentioned is a
    part of this newer technology.
    --
    Cordially,
    Wayne H. Wilhelm

    "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in:

    > What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?

    It's probably not fixed for sure yet. The first Beta version is about to be
    released and there could be many changes between that and the final version.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <d_r_norton@yahoo.com>

    Onlyjamesbond007 wrote:
    > What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
    > What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?

    Isn't there a bathhouse yet devoted to Longdong/Pista quearies?

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    Thanks for comments. So, are there any mainstream graphic card from co. like
    Nvidia or Ati that is LDDM compatible or compliant?

    Thanks.

    "David R. Norton MVP" wrote:

    > "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in:
    >
    > > What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
    >
    > It's probably not fixed for sure yet. The first Beta version is about to be
    > released and there could be many changes between that and the final version.
    >

    > --
    > David R. Norton MVP
    > <d_r_norton@yahoo.com>

    "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote in:

    > Thanks for comments. So, are there any mainstream graphic card from co.
    > like Nvidia or Ati that is LDDM compatible or compliant?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Yes, I believe so, check Nvidia and ATIs websites for the latest and
    greatest.

    I can't help much because I've a very old graphics card that I'll probably
    have to replace later and I'm waiting.....

    What I meant by my previous comment is that I wouldn't get a new graphics
    card now unless mine stopped working, I'd wait until the final edition of
    Windows Vista is out. By waiting, you'll have three advantages. You'll know
    the final requirements for top performance and you'll probably be able to get
    a card tailored specifically for Windows Vista that's not even on the market
    yet. Last but not least, any card you buy today will be hopelessly obsolete
    by the time Windows Vista is released! ;-)

    As always, your mileage may vary.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <d_r_norton@yahoo.com>

    Should be too much different from what has been released to the public
    regarding Boghorn(Shiesta). So far it looks just like XP with a side bar
    that tells you the time.

    LDDM; Longhorn Display Driver Model, technological advancement? Or just
    marketing?. For more info google it.

    It would be more graphics card capabilty rather then being *on* the graphics
    card, like DirectX and OpenGL is. You'll die if you hold your breath though,
    Service Pack 4 might still beat it to the desktop.

    - Winux P

    "Wayne H. Wilhelm" <WayneHWilhelm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:1AA13447-359F-4828-9F1A-13997CC9283B@microsoft.com...
    > http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1791681,00.asp
    >
    > Happy Reading...
    >
    > A friend recentlly told me that AGP slots are being replaced with a new
    > type
    > of slot.

    PCI Express. Still big arguements between PCI Express and AGP technologies,
    just read some PC Mags. Funny enough they're constantly trying to sell you
    the new technology.

    > I was futher showed a picture of a MB with dual display slots with
    > dual adapter cards.

    Yes.

    >My understanding is that the dual adapter cards yielded
    > a dual-processor capability. I blieve the setup carried a $500 price tag.

    Indeed I have one $AUD 560, for a decent NVIDIA one. Some come with air
    conditioners attached to them.

    > I haven't kept uptodate with the latest on MB design and display adapters
    > so
    > I don't know if the LDDM (Longhorn Display Driver Model) you mentioned is
    > part of this newer technology.

    They work quite well in XP, but I only have one card. Increase your PC
    budget if you want a MoBo that can take two cards, for now anyway.

    - Winux P

    > --
    > Cordially,
    > Wayne H. Wilhelm
    > Personal Web: http://www.quadracalc.com
    >

    > "Onlyjamesbond007" wrote:
    >
    >> What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
    >> What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?
    >>

    >> Thanks.

    "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
    >What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?

    If you have legitimate access to the Vista beta release then you will
    also have access to private newsgroups for that beta, and that is the
    place where you should ask this question.

    Otherwise "those who know cannot say; and those who say cannot know".

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Thanks! Good Luck 4 u all :))

    Ron Martell wrote:
    > "Onlyjamesbond007" <onlyjamesbond007@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>What is Longhorn(Vista) Display graphic requirement?
    >>What is LDDM? Is it currently available on graphic card?
    >>

    > If you have legitimate access to the Vista beta release then you will
    > also have access to private newsgroups for that beta, and that is the
    > place where you should ask this question.
    >
    > Otherwise "those who know cannot say; and those who say cannot know".

    What about
    <http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/graphics-reqs.mspx>
    ?

    r0y

Graphics Cards Microsoft Windows Vista Windows XP Displays