Sign in with
Your question

Question: DVI output on samsung monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 13, 2009 5:07:51 AM

I have the Samsung SyncMaster 2433bw. My graphics cards are dual ATI 4870s Xfired.

Both my monitor and my computer have dvi hookups. They dont work though. The only way to get a picture on my monitor is to use the VGA hookup on my monitor then use an adapter to go form vga to dvi.

Would love some input on how to get my monitor to actually work with the higher resolution plugs and not have to use the annoying adapter.
March 13, 2009 1:52:21 PM

scottX said:
I have the Samsung SyncMaster 2433bw. My graphics cards are dual ATI 4870s Xfired.

Both my monitor and my computer have dvi hookups. They dont work though. The only way to get a picture on my monitor is to use the VGA hookup on my monitor then use an adapter to go form vga to dvi.

Would love some input on how to get my monitor to actually work with the higher resolution plugs and not have to use the annoying adapter.

You monitor should have a place to select input in the OSD(on Screen Display).

Usually is either analogue or digital. choose digital, if auto doesn't work.
March 13, 2009 9:37:19 PM

well, whenever I do plug in the dvi plug it displays analong/digital at the top left corner back and forth. However it doesnt give a picture just sits there switching between the words analog and digital.

Looked through the setup menu for monitor and there is a digital auto and digital manual. Ive tried both of these and cant seem to get digital .
Related resources
March 15, 2009 9:14:25 PM

Wondering if anyone else has any input on this ? or can point me in the right direction to finding it.
July 30, 2009 10:32:57 PM

I am having the same issue on a ViewSonic monitor. Anyone figure this out?
July 31, 2009 6:12:00 PM

well apparently theres a button the on the side of the monitor that switches between digital / analog.

Also, I had to set the refresh rate lower on digital than on analog. Been Digital for 2 weeks now without incident.
!