Search function won't search - Please help!

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Until a few weeks ago, my Windows XP search function worked just fine.
The little dog did his job for several years. Then, I noticed that
every time I entered a file name or search name in the box, the result
came up instantly: "Searched, nothing found."

Actually, there was no time to conduct a search, the result showed up
within a half second.

Meanwhile, I've tested by entering names of files that appear multiple
times and I still get the same result instantly, "nothing found."

What can I do to correct or repair?

Malke

Rob wrote:

> Until a few weeks ago, my Windows XP search function worked just fine.
> The little dog did his job for several years. Then, I noticed that
> every time I entered a file name or search name in the box, the result
> came up instantly: "Searched, nothing found."
>

> Actually, there was no time to conduct a search, the result showed up
> within a half second.
>

> Meanwhile, I've tested by entering names of files that appear multiple
> times and I still get the same result instantly, "nothing found."
>

> What can I do to correct or repair?

Go to MVP Kelly Theriot's site here:

Click on "S" and scroll down to "Search" to see how to repair/reinstall
Search.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers