Search function won't search - Please help!

Until a few weeks ago, my Windows XP search function worked just fine.
The little dog did his job for several years. Then, I noticed that
every time I entered a file name or search name in the box, the result
came up instantly: "Searched, nothing found."

Actually, there was no time to conduct a search, the result showed up
within a half second.

Meanwhile, I've tested by entering names of files that appear multiple
times and I still get the same result instantly, "nothing found."

What can I do to correct or repair?
1 answer Last reply
More about search function search help

    Rob wrote:

    > Until a few weeks ago, my Windows XP search function worked just fine.
    > The little dog did his job for several years. Then, I noticed that
    > every time I entered a file name or search name in the box, the result
    > came up instantly: "Searched, nothing found."
    >

    > Actually, there was no time to conduct a search, the result showed up
    > within a half second.
    >

    > Meanwhile, I've tested by entering names of files that appear multiple
    > times and I still get the same result instantly, "nothing found."
    >

    > What can I do to correct or repair?

    Go to MVP Kelly Theriot's site here:

    Click on "S" and scroll down to "Search" to see how to repair/reinstall
    Search.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers