Need Help Don't Know How To Title It

Hablin

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Lets start off by asking if you all know the sound our computer makes when we hit a button on our keyboard at our desktop and get that error sound. If you know then read on to assist me, thanks.

Issue:
Ok so I was not sure on how to name this issue, but when I play WoW after a bit I hear that error sound I mentioned at the beginning. I also do not have WoW selectedwhen I hear that sound. Its like I am going to the desktop while I am in game. I thought that it was just WoW but it does it for the internet too. I was thinking that maybe theres a program running in the background that is causeing this.

1. I use dual monitors.
2. System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 10/1/2012, 20:06:45
Machine name: HABLIN-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z68AP-D3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16302MB RAM
Page File: 5438MB used, 27162MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
3. I play World of Warcraft on my 3D Alienware monitor and surf the web on my HD monitor.

4. Processes running.
CurseClient.exe
Taskhost.exe
txkbci.exe
!TunesHelper.exe*32
explorer.exe
FlashUtil64_11_4_402_265_Activex.exe
dwm.exe
igfxpers.exe
hpqgpc01.exe*32
jusched.exe*32
mcagent.exe
rundll32.exe
APSDaemon.exe*32
ApplePhotoStream.exe*32
McPVTray.exe
hpqbam08.exe*32
AlienwareAlienFXController.exe*32
pppeuser.exe*32
RACVpl64.exe
rundll32.exe*32
BookmarkDAV_client.exe*32
Ventrilo.exe
hpwuschd2.exe*32
IAStoricon.exe*32
hpqtra08.exe*32
saUI.exe*32
nvtray.exe
hpqste08.exe*32
taskmgr.exe
iexplore.exe
AlienFXHook32Mngr.exe*32
conhost.exe
AlienFXHook64Mngr.exe
conhost.exe
wow-64.exe
iexplore.exe

I have no clue whats going on. Its pretty annoying.

Thanks

Solution
Well don't know what it causes but you are running a lot of background stuff for no reason. I;d msconifg that shizzle and put your computer on a diet. Your memory would thank you. Curse, itunes, bookmark etc. all don't really need to be running in the background when not used.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
Well don't know what it causes but you are running a lot of background stuff for no reason. I;d msconifg that shizzle and put your computer on a diet. Your memory would thank you. Curse, itunes, bookmark etc. all don't really need to be running in the background when not used.

Solution

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
In all honesty just disable everything, then check if there is anything you are missing the next time you reboot and reactive those (or open the program that you "miss" and reenable start on reboot). Chances are you won't need 99% of them.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
Also this might be random but you can disable the error sound, and it might also be something simple as you using a ventrilo key for push to talk that matches one of windows disability keys. I remember I used I think shift back in the day and it would boot me out of games and tell that I activate some blind reading thing or something until I disabled it from the disability functions.

Surgeking

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
on my laptop, I used this program called gboost to close all the junk I did not need while gaming. If you can reliably recreate that error you can try it to see if it's any of those extra processes.

Hablin

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
I have been playing for a few hours last night and this morning without any errors. I am going to say it was fixed with having some applications stop starting on startup.

Thanks for the help, and if it starts up again I will post back.

Hi Hablin - you might want to download (free) Advanced SystemCare, They have a startup(similar to msconfig) tab in the toolbox section that gives a
desrciption of each startup entry with a recommendation, and the ability to enable, disable, or delay.

I had 21 entries in my startup, now down to 4, it makes a diff, at least at boot up.

Tom

Hablin

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
I use to have that on my old computer but with my new one and with a ssd I have tried a search and asked them if I could use that program with an ssd. I never got an answer so I didn't download it.