need battery for 450x notebook

I need to replace the battery in 2.5 year old 450x notebook. Curious how
the battery isn't covered unedr the 3 year plan?

Any suggestions where to find a replacement? Gateway wanrts $109.

Thanks

None of the majors cover batteries in notebook PCs for more than a year,
even with 3- or 4-year warranties on the rest of the system - that goes for
Dell, IBM, Toshiba, HPaq, and eMachines.

That's a pretty good price for a battery - you may find them slightly
cheaper elsewhere, but pay attention to age - lithium batteries suffer from
age as much as use, and with a lifespan of 18 months-2 years or so, a
6-month old battery may have as much as a third if its life used up before
you even install it.

"eblaster" <eblaster@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I need to replace the battery in 2.5 year old 450x notebook. Curious how
>the battery isn't covered unedr the 3 year plan?
>
> Any suggestions where to find a replacement? Gateway wanrts $109.
>
> Thanks

thanks for the advice