Latest Spybot update - security threat flag

Spybot now reports a security threat and wants to return the Security
Center Registry settings to default if you have deselected any of the
following; Firewall, Automatic Update, or Virus Protection, in
the Security Center - Alert Settings window. If you have turned
these off on purpose you should uncheck the proposed fix.

The Alert Settings windows is opened by clicking on 'Change the
way Security Center alerts me.' in the Security Center window.
3 answers Last reply
More about latest spybot update security threat flag

    Ian D wrote:
    > Spybot now reports a security threat and wants to return the Security
    > Center Registry settings to default if you have deselected any of the
    > following; Firewall, Automatic Update, or Virus Protection, in
    > the Security Center - Alert Settings window. If you have turned
    > these off on purpose you should uncheck the proposed fix.
    >
    > The Alert Settings windows is opened by clicking on 'Change the
    > way Security Center alerts me.' in the Security Center window.

    Unofficially, it's "information." Spybot is not indicating that it
    "wants to return the Security Center Registry settings to default..."
    If you've made changes to the Security Center, add the Spybot flags to
    the exclude list so that they aren't flagged in future scans.

    Discussions at:
    http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=32257
    &
    http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?s=3f5de881430b8fd4de91c4583e382e74&showtopic=32260

    You're correct. I ran Spybot again, let it "Fix" the problem, and it
    did not change the registry settings. It could still cause concern to
    people who don't understand the relationship between the flag and
    their Security Center Alert Settings.

    Ian D wrote:
    > You're correct. I ran Spybot again, let it "Fix" the problem, and it
    > did not change the registry settings. It could still cause concern to
    > people who don't understand the relationship between the flag and
    > their Security Center Alert Settings.

    I agree. It can be confusing. Perhaps with some of the discussion
    that's already taking place, Spybot will approach this type of
    notification differently in the future.

Security Spybot Microsoft Windows XP