Please help me, I cant boot from Cd

zeoh417

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Good day. uhm.. after searching the web for hours about my problem, I wasnt able to find anything that could help me. I noticed that your forums is one or if not the top most reliable source for help in the internet. I need help about my laptop. I was trying to format it but an accident happened during installation of a windows7 cd.. During the process while setup was copying files.. The wire got unplugged.. the laptop was running without battery(which I honestly admit as a big mistake on my part) and it shutdown in the middle of install. After fixing the wires, I turned it on again with the cd still on the drive but wen it booted I only end up with the screen saying BootMgr is missing crt+alt+del to restart. I restarted it again and again but its the same message. I tried to boot again, using a cd with linux but its the same result.. I also tried to boot from a usb with windows xp in it hoping it would still work but the 'hal.dll missing' message came out.. Im out of options and I really dont know what to do.. The bios has a debugging option and I also tried it but a message came saying "error reading from disc, multiple partition".. The laptop is an old acer extensa 4230. Thank you for any help you could give me.

TRENDING THREADS