[40K] - SM Rule Question

In the fast attack section, in particular the Assault Marines....

when you give a Marine a Plasma Pistol or Flamer.. does he retain the
chainsword and boltpistol given that it does not say 'exchange' ??

thanks

"Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
message news:4lYSd.204309$K7.120942@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> In the fast attack section, in particular the Assault Marines....
>
> when you give a Marine a Plasma Pistol or Flamer.. does he retain the
> chainsword and boltpistol given that it does not say 'exchange' ??

The boltpistol is replaced with the plasma pistol. The flamer replaces both
weapons as it is two-handed.

Dan

In article <4lYSd.204309$K7.120942@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
> In the fast attack section, in particular the Assault Marines....
>
> when you give a Marine a Plasma Pistol or Flamer.. does he retain the
> chainsword and boltpistol given that it does not say 'exchange' ??

Well, since you can have at most two one-handed weapons, or a
two-handed weapon and a one-handed weapon I would say that one weapon
would have to be dropped in both cases.

--
Joakim

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Holsters??

Slings ???

LOL..............

My record was M16, shotgun, M203 and personal weapon plus a grenade
vest..... I managed OK

so hypothetically the bolt pistol would be dropped and the chainsword
slung......

but 1 x S4 strike is good enough for me....

thanks

In article <q5_Sd.204953$K7.178498@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
> so hypothetically the bolt pistol would be dropped and the chainsword
> slung......

Well, that's my interpretation anyway. In game terms it doesn't matter
if the marine with the flamer has to drop both the pistol and the
sword, or gets to keep the sword. He will in both cases get one S4 cc
attack.

--
Joakim

Don't think I was being rude and I appreciate your replies.........

i suppose wrapping a heavy weapon around somebody's head is just as good
when push comes to shove :) :) :)

"Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
message news:H4_Sd.204951$K7.104884@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> hmmmmmmmmmmm
>
> Holsters??
>
> Slings ???
>
> LOL..............
>

> My record was M16, shotgun, M203 and personal weapon plus a grenade
> vest..... I managed OK

Yeah but in the land of GW weapons are HUGE. The few holsters they make
look ridiculously large on the figures' hips and they're still too small to
actually fit a bolt or las piston in. One handed weapons like chainswords
reach from the ground to a man's chin...

--

-smithdoerr

berto

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2002

"Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
message news:H4_Sd.204951$K7.104884@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> hmmmmmmmmmmm
>
> Holsters??
>
> Slings ???
>
> LOL..............
>

> My record was M16, shotgun, M203 and personal weapon plus a grenade
> vest..... I managed OK

You probably went quiet in that good night. I think that anything less than
orbital bombardment is probably not worth the fight.

berto

Spack wrote:
> "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote ...
>>In the fast attack section, in particular the Assault Marines....
>>when you give a Marine a Plasma Pistol or Flamer.. does he retain the
>>chainsword and boltpistol given that it does not say 'exchange' ??
>
> The boltpistol is replaced with the plasma pistol. The flamer replaces both
> weapons as it is two-handed.

The model is still bound by the limit of 2 weapons, no more than 1
2-handed.

So he could have BP & Flamer, Flamer & CCW, or just Flamer. Either way,
he gives up the +1A for 2 weapons.

\-|-/
| A.K.D. F.E.M.C.

Cheers all........

I suppose I was looking along the line sof shoot em up with flamer and then
get in and choppyboltything 'em

Oh how it's changes since RT :(

TRENDING THREADS