[40K] - SM Rule Question

In the fast attack section, in particular the Assault Marines....

when you give a Marine a Plasma Pistol or Flamer.. does he retain the
chainsword and boltpistol given that it does not say 'exchange' ??

thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about rule question

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
    message news:4lYSd.204309$K7.120942@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > In the fast attack section, in particular the Assault Marines....
    >
    > when you give a Marine a Plasma Pistol or Flamer.. does he retain the
    > chainsword and boltpistol given that it does not say 'exchange' ??

    The boltpistol is replaced with the plasma pistol. The flamer replaces both
    weapons as it is two-handed.

    Dan
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <4lYSd.204309$K7.120942@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    > In the fast attack section, in particular the Assault Marines....
    >
    > when you give a Marine a Plasma Pistol or Flamer.. does he retain the
    > chainsword and boltpistol given that it does not say 'exchange' ??

    Well, since you can have at most two one-handed weapons, or a
    two-handed weapon and a one-handed weapon I would say that one weapon
    would have to be dropped in both cases.

    --
    Joakim
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    hmmmmmmmmmmm

    Holsters??

    Slings ???

    LOL..............

    My record was M16, shotgun, M203 and personal weapon plus a grenade
    vest..... I managed OK
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    so hypothetically the bolt pistol would be dropped and the chainsword
    slung......

    but 1 x S4 strike is good enough for me....

    thanks
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    In article <q5_Sd.204953$K7.178498@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere wrote:
    > so hypothetically the bolt pistol would be dropped and the chainsword
    > slung......

    Well, that's my interpretation anyway. In game terms it doesn't matter
    if the marine with the flamer has to drop both the pistol and the
    sword, or gets to keep the sword. He will in both cases get one S4 cc
    attack.

    --
    Joakim
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Don't think I was being rude and I appreciate your replies.........

    i suppose wrapping a heavy weapon around somebody's head is just as good
    when push comes to shove :) :) :)
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
    message news:H4_Sd.204951$K7.104884@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > hmmmmmmmmmmm
    >
    > Holsters??
    >
    > Slings ???
    >
    > LOL..............
    >

    > My record was M16, shotgun, M203 and personal weapon plus a grenade
    > vest..... I managed OK

    Yeah but in the land of GW weapons are HUGE. The few holsters they make
    look ridiculously large on the figures' hips and they're still too small to
    actually fit a bolt or las piston in. One handed weapons like chainswords
    reach from the ground to a man's chin...

    --

    -smithdoerr
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote in
    message news:H4_Sd.204951$K7.104884@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > hmmmmmmmmmmm
    >
    > Holsters??
    >
    > Slings ???
    >
    > LOL..............
    >

    > My record was M16, shotgun, M203 and personal weapon plus a grenade
    > vest..... I managed OK

    You probably went quiet in that good night. I think that anything less than
    orbital bombardment is probably not worth the fight.

    berto
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Spack wrote:
    > "Snarfgargle the 43rd The Condottiere" <snargargle@thepalace.com> wrote ...
    >>In the fast attack section, in particular the Assault Marines....
    >>when you give a Marine a Plasma Pistol or Flamer.. does he retain the
    >>chainsword and boltpistol given that it does not say 'exchange' ??
    >
    > The boltpistol is replaced with the plasma pistol. The flamer replaces both
    > weapons as it is two-handed.

    The model is still bound by the limit of 2 weapons, no more than 1
    2-handed.

    So he could have BP & Flamer, Flamer & CCW, or just Flamer. Either way,
    he gives up the +1A for 2 weapons.

    \-|-/
    | A.K.D. F.E.M.C.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.warhammer (More info?)

    Cheers all........

    I suppose I was looking along the line sof shoot em up with flamer and then
    get in and choppyboltything 'em

    Oh how it's changes since RT :(

Games Exchange Video Games