Need Hotfix described in KB article 898612

From Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Dave" wrote:

| Anyone know where I can download it?
|
| Thanks.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Since I'm running Dell's version of XP Pro, that link tells me to talk to
Dell. I was hoping to shortcut that process. I have 2 users experiencing a
very weird problem with Windows Explorer that seems very similar to the
problem described in that KB article.

-dave

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> From Microsoft:
> http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Dave" wrote:
>
> | Anyone know where I can download it?
> |
> | Thanks.

Well it is good to talk to a support rep for getting a hotfix because many
issues don't require them. I checked out the hotfix in question and there
is a workaround listed there that may fix the problem without a hotfix. The
workaround of course will not fix the problem, but it is a great test to see
if this is actually the problem.

--
http://www.americantechie.com

> Since I'm running Dell's version of XP Pro, that link tells me to talk to
> Dell. I was hoping to shortcut that process. I have 2 users experiencing
> very weird problem with Windows Explorer that seems very similar to the
> problem described in that KB article.
>
> -dave

Hi,

Only way to get it is to call and ask for it. Doesn't matter if you have a
Dell or not. 1-800-936-5700, ask for the hotfix as described in 898612.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone