i got a laptop ....

a b D Laptop
July 27, 2005 12:55:49 AM

.... from best buy. i just failed a windows update, i guess i should be glad
my professors taught me UNIX.
M$ has cut it's own throat.

More about : laptop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 27, 2005 1:21:33 AM

"rustyax" <rustyax@nospam.cox.net> wrote in:

> ... from best buy. i just failed a windows update, i guess i should be
> glad my professors taught me UNIX.
> M$ has cut it's own throat.

Are you just venting or do you have a question?

If you have a question, please let us know how you "failed a windows update",
were there any error messages? Which update? Oh, and by the way, there is a
newsgroup devoted to Windows Update, it's microsoft.public.windowsupdate and
they might be better able to answer your question (if you have a question)
there.

If you're just venting, OK, hope you feel better.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<d_r_norton@yahoo.com>

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:55:49 -0700, "rustyax" <rustyax@nospam.cox.net>
wrote:

>... from best buy. i just failed a windows update, i guess i should be glad
>my professors taught me UNIX.
>M$ has cut it's own throat.

If your that quick at giving up on windows update, I don't see you
being very successful setting up unix.

MT
a b D Laptop
July 27, 2005 4:26:07 AM

I agree, if you will not take the time to troubleshoot a Windows problem you
are going to have a real hard time with any *nix system. Being taught to
use Unix in the classroom is much different than actually using a *nix
system for your everyday needs. If you want to try another OS I would
probably take back the laptop and go with an Apple system.

By the way, Microsoft will never lose in the battle for the desktop. The
tech landscape will drastically change to the point where the PC is the
least used computing device before that happens. A good place to look to
see where this is playing out is the millions of cell phones that are being
used in India. In many cases the cell phone is the only computer these
people will ever use and Microsoft software is not being run on these
devices.

Good luck in whatever choice you make.
--
http://www.americantechie.com

> If your that quick at giving up on windows update, I don't see you
> being very successful setting up unix.
>
> MT
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 27, 2005 8:59:47 AM

Hi

What was the problem when you tried Windows Update - any error messages?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"rustyax" <rustyax@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
> ... from best buy. i just failed a windows update, i guess i should be
> glad my professors taught me UNIX.
> M$ has cut it's own throat.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 27, 2005 10:22:21 AM

TROLL POST!

We will be seeing a lot of them for the next few weeks.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

"rustyax" <rustyax@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
> ... from best buy. i just failed a windows update, i guess i should be
> glad my professors taught me UNIX.
> M$ has cut it's own throat.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 27, 2005 12:04:35 PM

Perhaps you should return the laptop to bestbuy and get an Xbox instead.

rustyax wrote:

> ... from best buy. i just failed a windows update, i guess i should be glad
> my professors taught me UNIX.
> M$ has cut it's own throat.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 27, 2005 1:42:26 PM

Richard Urban [MVP] wrote:

> TROLL POST!
>
> We will be seeing a lot of them for the next few weeks.

Why?

--
Peace!
Kurt

rustyax wrote:

> ... from best buy. i just failed a windows update, i guess i should be glad
> my professors taught me UNIX.
> M$ has cut it's own throat.

There is a newsgroups for windows update issues:

Before posting there review this link on how to make a good post:

Making Good Newsgroup Posts
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

In article <#0VpU8lkFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
rustyax@nospam.cox.net says...
> ... from best buy. i just failed a windows update, i guess i should be glad
> my professors taught me UNIX.
> M$ has cut it's own throat.

If you were not smart enough to apply an update, which doesn't take any
brains at all, then you certainly not going to be able to handle Unix
and it's updates - It would be funny watching you try and compile a new
kernel.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

"Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote

> rustyax@nospam.cox.net says...
>> ... from best buy. i just failed a windows update, i guess i should be
>> glad
>> my professors taught me UNIX.
>> M$ has cut it's own throat.
>
> If you were not smart enough to apply an update,

First insult.

> which doesn't take any
> brains at all,

Second insult.

> then you certainly not going to be able to handle Unix
> and it's updates -

Third insult.

It would be funny watching you try and compile a new
> kernel.

Fourth supercilious insult. How helpful, Leythos.

--
Alias

a b D Laptop
July 28, 2005 11:55:24 AM

Thankfully you're wearing a cap with a siren on it to alert us all of a
TROLL POST!. Keep up the good work.

- Winux P