Few question regarding C#

Hi All

I have following questions regarding C# Assembly and Threading.

Let me know the precise answer or lead me to the proper materials.

1. Is memory leakeage possible in .Net Manager Code ?
2. Is memory leakage possible in .Net Unmanaged Code ?
3. How can I find the what % of memory is being used by DLL at run time ?
4. What is difference between Sunchronous processing and Async
processing in .Net ? How can I achieve it ?
5. Can any one lead me towards Multithreading GUI development in Winforms ?
6. Difference between Delegate and Event ?
7. Is there any specific Design Patterns specifically for WinForms ?

Awaiting reply

Thanks

Silent Ocean

You may have better luck posting in one of the .net groups such as
microsoft.public.vsnet.general

"Silent Ocean" <silentocean555@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have following questions regarding C# Assembly and Threading.
>
> Let me know the precise answer or lead me to the proper materials.
>
> 1. Is memory leakeage possible in .Net Manager Code ?
> 2. Is memory leakage possible in .Net Unmanaged Code ?
> 3. How can I find the what % of memory is being used by DLL at run time ?
> 4. What is difference between Sunchronous processing and Async processing
> in .Net ? How can I achieve it ?
> 5. Can any one lead me towards Multithreading GUI development in Winforms
> ?
> 6. Difference between Delegate and Event ?
> 7. Is there any specific Design Patterns specifically for WinForms ?
>
> Awaiting reply
>
> Thanks
>
> Silent Ocean

Have you checked your .netsdk documentation?

"Silent Ocean" wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have following questions regarding C# Assembly and Threading.
>
> Let me know the precise answer or lead me to the proper materials.
>
> 1. Is memory leakeage possible in .Net Manager Code ?
> 2. Is memory leakage possible in .Net Unmanaged Code ?
> 3. How can I find the what % of memory is being used by DLL at run time ?
> 4. What is difference between Sunchronous processing and Async
> processing in .Net ? How can I achieve it ?
> 5. Can any one lead me towards Multithreading GUI development in Winforms ?
> 6. Difference between Delegate and Event ?
> 7. Is there any specific Design Patterns specifically for WinForms ?
>
> Awaiting reply
>
> Thanks
>
> Silent Ocean

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Google or

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp

Jon

> Hi All
>
> I have following questions regarding C# Assembly and Threading.
>
> Let me know the precise answer or lead me to the proper materials.
>
> 1. Is memory leakeage possible in .Net Manager Code ?
> 2. Is memory leakage possible in .Net Unmanaged Code ?
> 3. How can I find the what % of memory is being used by DLL at run time ?
> 4. What is difference between Sunchronous processing and Async
> processing in .Net ? How can I achieve it ?
> 5. Can any one lead me towards Multithreading GUI development in Winforms
?
> 6. Difference between Delegate and Event ?
> 7. Is there any specific Design Patterns specifically for WinForms ?
>
> Awaiting reply
>
> Thanks
>
> Silent Ocean

For your best bet;
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs

Very quickly;
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Google will help you with that.
4. Conceptually same as any other language. Read a book.
5. There's chapters, tutorals, papers, manuals on that topic. Can't give you
a one liner on that.
6. An event is message sent by an object occuring from an action and is a
delegate.
A delegate is a signature class that only contains function members that
hold references that match the signature.
7. Object Orientated, keep the UI in it's own tier, maybe with a UI helper
class. With calls or references to middle layers.
Maybe have an interface for your WinForms and/or Controls. There are
chapters on that as well.

- Winux P.