MISSCHIEVOUS

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005
I gather I need two types of files to produce a bootable CD
.ISO
.IMA
and more importantly, that these files are COMPILED. In other words, I can't just copy files onto media and expect that media to know it's a boot device. Right?

I have Deep Burner and Winimage: Where, respectively (and in what order please) are these two files assembled/compiled? or are they not assembled at all?

I can't understand if I first create the ISO and THEN the IMA file, or vice versa.

Does the IMA take the ISO? Vice versa?

I want to compile a boot CD with the option to boot multiple OS's:
WINDOWS 2000 PRO
WinME (for the FDISK)

So, for example, Windows 2000 generates _4_ separate boot floppies. Fine. I have 4 separate ~.IMA floppy image files from Winimage.

NOW WHAT? Do they need to be organized in some way within Winimage BEFORE I take them to Deep Burner? What (generally) is the sequence of steps to burning a dual boot CD?

Thanks

Even though a CD supposedly holds 700Mb of Data, it has to have lead in and lead out room on the disk so you really cannot put 700Mb of data on a CD, unless you overburn and risk not being able to read all the data, what I'm saying is I don't think theres enough room on a CD in the first place to even put the DATA of 2 OP/SYS, because they would have to be separated from each other, requiring even more room.

I've burnt many bootdisks even slipstreamed SPs onto them and that is a tough enough job in itself, to explain to someone, but I haven't even thought about a dual boot OP/SYS disk, I don't think its even possible so why would you even attempt it?

It seems like a waste of time to me.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541&st=0#entry20385" target="_new">My Puter</A>