Samsung napstar playerYH920 GS

I don't kno. what happend whin turn it on I get a msg. saying "data base needs repairing.. conect to pc and rebuild database with recovery uility" then it turns off.the computer shows it as a mass storage devise a don't show on player that its conected and as long as its pluged into the computer it works like a hard drive,I unplug it and restarts with that data msg. and turns off. what software or program or what is it I need?? or is it now just a oversized flashdrive??
2 answers Last reply
More about samsung napstar playeryh920
  1. Try to force a complete database update by deleting the system/data/PP5000.dat file, and then formatting again. This should work as well
    or update the firmware.

1) Download attached file to your PC
    2) Connect MP3 Player to PC with USB cable
    3) Excute Recovery Utility (See Instruction Guide)
    4) Excute Firmware upgrade
  2. dEAne said:
    Try to force a complete database update by deleting the system/data/PP5000.dat file, and then formatting again. This should work as well
    or update the firmware.

1) Download attached file to your PC
    2) Connect MP3 Player to PC with USB cable
    3) Excute Recovery Utility (See Instruction Guide)
    4) Excute Firmware upgrade

what recovery utility???were do I get it??I dont have any software that it came with and Ive been all thrue samsung and napster support I did find a firmware upgrade but it dont have any autorun (Setup)so do just format it as a mass storage and hot sink the files over to the mp3???could ja mabe go thrue steps 1 thrue 4 and explain a bit more if'en ya would kindly (Mabe I should buy that book COMPUTIMG FOR SUPPER DUMMY'S) YA THINK
Ask a new question