[40K] Elysians have dropped in

My first batch of Elysian's arrived this morning. They are the normal
squads, the first ones that FW posted a couple of weeks ago.

They are excellent. I ordered two of the squads one with grav packs, one
without. The quality of the models is amazing. They have excellent small
details, and are much better proportioned than a cadian. They are well cast
too, I've looked over all the bits and there are no thin bits or breakages.

The parts come on sprues, and the elysians assemble similarly to the cadian
models, but have separate shoulderpads, and separate bits of gear. There is
a good variation of parts. There are 13 sprues per squad, or 15 if you get
them with grav packs. There is a instruction sheet with them showing all
the parts you get and with pictures of different part combinations, parts
numbered and lettered, and advice on which part combinations work together
well.

I really want to do a (small) Elysian army now, having received these and
having recently got a large bonus at work! I have already ordered some of
the special/heavy weapon and command squads that are coming out in March and
April, and am really tempted to get more squads. I'd like to do an army of
them mostly without back packs, but with a couple of squads with backpacks
looking like they have just landed.

Rob

Robert Williams wrote:
> My first batch of Elysian's arrived this morning. They are the normal
> squads, the first ones that FW posted a couple of weeks ago.

> I really want to do a (small) Elysian army now, having received these and
> having recently got a large bonus at work! I have already ordered some of
> the special/heavy weapon and command squads that are coming out in March and
> April, and am really tempted to get more squads. I'd like to do an army of
> them mostly without back packs, but with a couple of squads with backpacks
> looking like they have just landed.

Fanboy. ;)

Seriously, good on you.

But having seen Fifth Element, I'd never be able to get past the helmets.

And having seen the prices, well, I'd never be able to get past that,
either.

\-|-/

"Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> My first batch of Elysian's arrived this morning. They are the normal
> squads, the first ones that FW posted a couple of weeks ago.
>
> They are excellent. I ordered two of the squads one with grav packs, one
> without. The quality of the models is amazing. They have excellent small
> details, and are much better proportioned than a cadian. They are well
cast
> too, I've looked over all the bits and there are no thin bits or
breakages.

> The parts come on sprues, and the elysians assemble similarly to the
cadian
> models, but have separate shoulderpads, and separate bits of gear. There
is
> a good variation of parts. There are 13 sprues per squad, or 15 if you
get
> them with grav packs. There is a instruction sheet with them showing all
> the parts you get and with pictures of different part combinations, parts
> numbered and lettered, and advice on which part combinations work together
> well.
>
> I really want to do a (small) Elysian army now, having received these and
> having recently got a large bonus at work! I have already ordered some of
> the special/heavy weapon and command squads that are coming out in March
and
> April, and am really tempted to get more squads. I'd like to do an army
of
> them mostly without back packs, but with a couple of squads with backpacks
> looking like they have just landed.

Use the ones with grav packs as rough riders!!!!

Badger

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002

" Donovan Borman" <borscope@charter.net> wrote in message

> "Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > My first batch of Elysian's arrived this morning. They are the normal
> > squads, the first ones that FW posted a couple of weeks ago.
> >
> > They are excellent. I ordered two of the squads one with grav packs,
one
> > without. The quality of the models is amazing. They have excellent
small
> > details, and are much better proportioned than a cadian. They are well
> cast
> > too, I've looked over all the bits and there are no thin bits or
> breakages.
> >
> > The parts come on sprues, and the elysians assemble similarly to the
> cadian
> > models, but have separate shoulderpads, and separate bits of gear.
There
> is
> > a good variation of parts. There are 13 sprues per squad, or 15 if you
> get
> > them with grav packs. There is a instruction sheet with them showing
all
> > the parts you get and with pictures of different part combinations,
parts
> > numbered and lettered, and advice on which part combinations work
together
> > well.
> >
> > I really want to do a (small) Elysian army now, having received these
and
> > having recently got a large bonus at work! I have already ordered some
of
> > the special/heavy weapon and command squads that are coming out in March
> and
> > April, and am really tempted to get more squads. I'd like to do an army
> of
> > them mostly without back packs, but with a couple of squads with
backpacks
> > looking like they have just landed.
>
> Use the ones with grav packs as rough riders!!!!

With Lances?

/me giggles at the image

--
Badger

"Badger" <r.j.pike@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> " Donovan Borman" <borscope@charter.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > My first batch of Elysian's arrived this morning. They are the normal
> > > squads, the first ones that FW posted a couple of weeks ago.
> > >
> > > They are excellent. I ordered two of the squads one with grav packs,
> one
> > > without. The quality of the models is amazing. They have excellent
> small
> > > details, and are much better proportioned than a cadian. They are
well
> > cast
> > > too, I've looked over all the bits and there are no thin bits or
> > breakages.
> > >
> > > The parts come on sprues, and the elysians assemble similarly to the
> > cadian
> > > models, but have separate shoulderpads, and separate bits of gear.
> There
> > is
> > > a good variation of parts. There are 13 sprues per squad, or 15 if
you
> > get
> > > them with grav packs. There is a instruction sheet with them showing
> all
> > > the parts you get and with pictures of different part combinations,
> parts
> > > numbered and lettered, and advice on which part combinations work
> together
> > > well.
> > >
> > > I really want to do a (small) Elysian army now, having received these
> and
> > > having recently got a large bonus at work! I have already ordered
some
> of
> > > the special/heavy weapon and command squads that are coming out in
March
> > and
> > > April, and am really tempted to get more squads. I'd like to do an
army
> > of
> > > them mostly without back packs, but with a couple of squads with
> backpacks
> > > looking like they have just landed.
> >
> > Use the ones with grav packs as rough riders!!!!
> >

> With Lances?
>
> /me giggles at the image

AT mines, pole charges...melta-cutters what-have you

This is how the sprues are made up:

- 2 of Leg sprue E (4 legs on each). The legs are the same on both, so
there is 2 of each pair.

- 2 or Torso sprue A (5 torso and 1 lasgun arm on each). 3 torsos are
normal position, 2 are leaning forward.

- Gun sprue B (4 normal lasgun arms and the left arms to go with them)

- Gun sprue C (2 normal lasguns, the grenade launcher and the lasgun with
the inbuilt grenade launcher, the left arms, and a sergenats shoulderpad)

- Sprue D (2 sets of legs, both different to the ones on the leg sprue,
grenade arm, pointing arm, demolition charge arm, vox, and vox-operator
head)

- 2 of Sprue H (5 Knives, 5 Grenades and 5 lasgun cells on each sprue)

2 of sprue F (5 heads and 5 Water Canteens on each). 3 of the heads on each
sprue are the same with a neutral expression, 1 is a shouting head, and 1 is
a grimacing head.

2 of sprue G (10 shoulderpads on each).

Rob

> This is how the sprues are made up:

no shotguns?

"Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Robert Williams" <mail@rscc.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> This is how the sprues are made up:
>
> no shotguns?

No shotguns in this set.

However, it is rumoured that in one of the next squad sets they do
(veterans, probably), there will be a shotgun/shotguns.

Rob

Rob you're such a slut. ;-) Seriously though, kudos on the promotion,
but at fifty bucks a squad, I could almost justify breaking out the
allumilite and killing babies.

--Chris