Sign in with
Your question

Laptop purchase advice please

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 24, 2009 1:04:51 PM

1_What is your budget?
GBP 500

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Ideally Intel Core 2 Duo Processor and 4GB Memory - I'm not too worried about the hard drive.
As big a screen as I can get for my money as I have a child who uses the laptop sometimes.
Also, number keypad on keyboard would be great if I can get it for my money.

3_What screen resolution do you want?
Not worried about this.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
This is my main/only home pc.

5_How much battery life do you need?
I'm not too worried about this.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No gaming

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Photo editing (Adobe Photoshop), internet, large Excel spreadsheets....all at the same time if possible.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
I'm not too worried about this - I'd like whatever I can get for my money. Processor is more important.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 2 years - ideally 3.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/Writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Currently have a 4.5 year old Acer Ferrari and have been happy with that.

13_What country do you live in? #UK

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Build quality is important - I have a young child who likes to use my laptop sometimes so ideally no super flimsy keyboards.

I hope this can help people to better find their ideal notebook.

thank you.

More about : laptop purchase advice

!