wilson44512

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2005
when i try to burn something on a blank cd-r its either says no cd in the tray or during the burning it ejects an aborts the burn. i have tried the windows burner an nero with updates and deepburner soft ware but it says all the same. now the funny part if i stick a dvd+or-r in the tray. i can burn using nero or deepburner but not the windows burner. when i try the windows it says windows does not support this cd-r formay but its not a cd-r its a dvd-r blank disk

List you system specs.
CPU
M/B
RAM
Optical Drives
HDD
OP/SYS

when i try to burn something on a blank cd-r its either says no cd in the tray or during the burning it ejects an aborts the burn. i have tried the windows burner an nero with updates and deepburner soft ware but it says all the same. now the funny part if i stick a dvd+or-r in the tray. i can burn using nero or deepburner but not the windows burner. when i try the windows it says windows does not support this cd-r formay but its not a cd-r its a dvd-r blank disk

And what exactly are you doing? Burning a CD or DVD? The burning software such as Nero has to be set for either a CD burn or a DVD burn, by the dropdown arrow on the left window you can select either a CD burn or a DVD burn format.

Most times successful burns are related to the amount of system RAM you're running, so list your specs and lets see if you're OK there.

Nero is a little complicated for the inexperienced, I'm not saying that to offend you, my brother in law was completely frustrated with Nero, but loved Roxio Easy CD Creator because its very simple to use, one thing you need to do is decide which burning software you're going to use and stick with it, it will make things a lot less frustrating for you.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541&st=0#entry20385" target="_new">My Puter</A>

Well RAM is not a problem you have plenty of that!

If you use Nero make sure when you first start it up you select either a CD or DVD burn, theres a tall vertical window on the left and at the top is an Arrow dropdown selector where you select CD or DVD, it always is left set for the last compilation you burned, so if you burned a CD last and this time you want to burn a DVD set it for DVD or when you get to the burn window it will say you have the wrong burn media, and you can't change it from the point you have to go back to the beginning to change it.

Also make sure you're trying to burn at the burn speed of the CD or DVD media.

With as much system RAM as you have you can enter your Nero burn options and increase your buffer to its maximum setting.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=2541&st=0#entry20385" target="_new">My Puter</A>