HP Scanjet 6200c driver

I have an HP Scanjet 6200 that has worked very well on my old computer with
Windows 98. My CD does not have a driver for my newer computer with Windows
XP SP2. I went to HP and downloaded the appropriate driver, but it will not
install even though it goes through the wizard procedure. When I tried to
use the scanner, I got a message that the scanner would not initialize and
could not be found. My computer did recognize the scanner. When I go to the
load software program, it says the driver is not there. What do I need to do?
2 answers Last reply
More about scanjet 6200c driver

    That the latest driver at the HP site has a 2004 date, and your writing that it worked
    well with Windows 98 might be clues that it could be orphan hardware for Windows XP SP2.
    I could not find anything at Google. But, I did find this at the HP site (the link was
    too long so I did a tinyurl for it)

    http://tinyurl.com/5m4fj
    --

    T.C.
    t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

    nightphotog wrote:
    > I have an HP Scanjet 6200 that has worked very well on my old computer with
    > Windows 98. My CD does not have a driver for my newer computer with Windows
    > XP SP2. I went to HP and downloaded the appropriate driver, but it will not
    > install even though it goes through the wizard procedure. When I tried to
    > use the scanner, I got a message that the scanner would not initialize and
    > could not be found. My computer did recognize the scanner. When I go to the
    > load software program, it says the driver is not there. What do I need to do?

    I just went through, over the past few days, exactly what the OP wrote
    and the Blog link.

    My fix is simple:

    Run the HP 6200C scanjet on anything but XP with SP2. I booted into
    Win2K and the scanner works perfectly. It also works perfectly in
    Xandros BE 3.0.2.

    Apparently when MS issued SP2 it broke something in the drivers (usb or
    scanjet) because it did work fine prior to SP2.

    TOF

Computers Hewlett Packard Scanners Windows XP