Technical manual for motherboard for Dell 8250

I believe my Dell 8250 has an Intel OEM
motherboard, but not a standard one, it's
been modified for Dell (I think).

Does anyone know where I can get the detail
technical manual that will describe all the
motherboard jumper settings, etc.

-K. Drucker

yes, from Dell's website.

"Kevin D. Drucker" <kddrucker@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I believe my Dell 8250 has an Intel OEM
> motherboard, but not a standard one, it's
> been modified for Dell (I think).
>
> Does anyone know where I can get the detail
> technical manual that will describe all the
> motherboard jumper settings, etc.
>
> -K. Drucker

support.dell.com, enter service tag, choose Documentation.

"Kevin D. Drucker" <kddrucker@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I believe my Dell 8250 has an Intel OEM
> motherboard, but not a standard one, it's
> been modified for Dell (I think).
>
> Does anyone know where I can get the detail
> technical manual that will describe all the
> motherboard jumper settings, etc.
>
> -K. Drucker

The level of detail in the manual provided
by Dell does not meet the neccessary
requirements. I am looking for documentation
at the level that Intel provides on THEIR
website for their motherboards.

Any other ideas?

-K. Drucker

> The level of detail in the manual provided
> by Dell does not meet the neccessary
> requirements. I am looking for documentation
> at the level that Intel provides on THEIR
> website for their motherboards.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> -K. Drucker

<snip>

Use the Intel website for their 850E info., because while there are
differences, it's about all you've got.

Stew

That is much more than Dell wants you to know.

"Kevin D. Drucker" <kddrucker@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> The level of detail in the manual provided
> by Dell does not meet the neccessary
> requirements. I am looking for documentation
> at the level that Intel provides on THEIR
> website for their motherboards.

Use the BIOS ID displayed by the Dell motherboard to determine the (near?)
equivalent Intel model. Then download the Intel technical reference and update.
Of course, Intel generic BIOS updates do not apply... Ben Myers

On 17 Oct 2004 13:49:42 -0700, kddrucker@earthlink.net (Kevin D. Drucker) wrote:

>The level of detail in the manual provided
>by Dell does not meet the neccessary
>requirements. I am looking for documentation
>at the level that Intel provides on THEIR
>website for their motherboards.
>
>Any other ideas?
>
>-K. Drucker
>

>"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message news:<Hihbd.9152$Rf1.1493@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>...
>> support.dell.com, enter service tag, choose Documentation.
>>

>> "Kevin D. Drucker" <kddrucker@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> > I believe my Dell 8250 has an Intel OEM
>> > motherboard, but not a standard one, it's
>> > been modified for Dell (I think).
>> >
>> > Does anyone know where I can get the detail
>> > technical manual that will describe all the
>> > motherboard jumper settings, etc.
>> >
>> > -K. Drucker

kenjmor2006

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
if your computer is running download the free home edition of everest,it will give you all the information on your mother board then you can find the right manuel