  • Error Message
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 25, 2004 10:14:09 AM

I downloaded the demo version,and it did great,,,but when
I went out and got the CD.,every time I try to launch the
game, I get an error message saying Crimson Skies
Exeutable has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

More about : crimson skies

Anonymous
May 1, 2004 9:42:00 PM

Try Reinstalling the original SmokinJoe.

Here's how to properly install or reinstall a game (and patch):

Step A: Temporarily disable Startup programs one at a time, starting with
Firewall, Antivirus & AdBlockers using this method:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=331796 or this utility:
http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php Reboot, go to Step B.

Step B: In Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs, delete the game and then
the game's folder especially if you previously experienced problems
with a patch, or if you installed the Trial, Mods, NO CD patches, etc.

Note: Click Start to Search or Find your game. Many times there are two installs
of the same game on a system and the patch installs to the wrong one. Also if you
installed a Trial version of the game, this could be causing a conflict.. Uninstall it
and delete the folder.

Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
game, delete them. Reboot your computer, and then re-install the game.
Regcleaner Download: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

Step D: Play a single player game, using an administrators account if necessary.

Step E: Download new game patches or mods in case the old ones are corrupt.
Double click the patch/mod to install it. If it's a .zip file, unzip it into the
game's folder and follow the instruction in it's readme.txt file.

Step F: Reboot your computer, verify that your game is working properly, and
re-enable any programs that you disabled using the method in Step A.

Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"smokinjoe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d3b01c42ac7$31a5e270$a601280a@phx.gbl...
|I downloaded the demo version,and it did great,,,but when
| I went out and got the CD.,every time I try to launch the
| game, I get an error message saying Crimson Skies
| Exeutable has encountered a problem and needs to close.
| Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 9:23:36 PM

confer any rights.

>"smokinjoe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:3d3b01c42ac7$31a5e270$a601280a@phx.gbl...
>|I downloaded the demo version,and it did great,,,but when
>| I went out and got the CD.,every time I try to launch
the
>| game, I get an error message saying Crimson Skies
>| Exeutable has encountered a problem and needs to close.
>| Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
>

>.
>Thank you very much Jimmy S. Helped a bunch! SALUTE!
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 12:42:45 AM

Glad that helped! :-)

Cheers,