Crimson Skies

I downloaded the demo version,and it did great,,,but when
I went out and got the CD.,every time I try to launch the
game, I get an error message saying Crimson Skies
Exeutable has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about crimson skies
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Try Reinstalling the original SmokinJoe.

    Here's how to properly install or reinstall a game (and patch):

    Step A: Temporarily disable Startup programs one at a time, starting with
    Firewall, Antivirus & AdBlockers using this method:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=331796 or this utility:
    http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php Reboot, go to Step B.

    Step B: In Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs, delete the game and then
    the game's folder especially if you previously experienced problems
    with a patch, or if you installed the Trial, Mods, NO CD patches, etc.

    Note: Click Start to Search or Find your game. Many times there are two installs
    of the same game on a system and the patch installs to the wrong one. Also if you
    installed a Trial version of the game, this could be causing a conflict.. Uninstall it
    and delete the folder.

    Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
    game, delete them. Reboot your computer, and then re-install the game.
    Regcleaner Download: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

    Step D: Play a single player game, using an administrators account if necessary.

    Step E: Download new game patches or mods in case the old ones are corrupt.
    Double click the patch/mod to install it. If it's a .zip file, unzip it into the
    game's folder and follow the instruction in it's readme.txt file.

    Step F: Reboot your computer, verify that your game is working properly, and
    re-enable any programs that you disabled using the method in Step A.

    Cheers,
    Jimmy S.

    Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
    Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

    "smokinjoe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d3b01c42ac7$31a5e270$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    |I downloaded the demo version,and it did great,,,but when
    | I went out and got the CD.,every time I try to launch the
    | game, I get an error message saying Crimson Skies
    | Exeutable has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    | Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Glad that helped! :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "smokinjoe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0acc01c4316e$0a3251d0$3501280a@phx.gbl...

> [...]

Games Microsoft Error Message Video Games