Synchronize Palm Desktop with mobile phone

October 5, 2004 10:05:13 AM

I would like to be able to synchronize my address book and calendar,
and possibly other data stored on the Palm Desktop with my mobile
phone.

My current mobile phone is a Siemens T39m, and I'm able to synchronize
with Outlook (using bluetooth). But I would prefer to synchronize with
the Palm Desktop directly.

Any software you can recommend? If any of you have a mobile phone that
you are able to synchronize with the Palm Desktop, I would be happy to
hear about your experiences.

Thank you,
Ola Eldoy
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 5:32:23 PM

On 5-Oct-2004, olaeld@yahoo.com (Ola Eld?y) Flushed this thought from his brain
to the screen::

> I would like to be able to synchronize my address book and calendar,
> and possibly other data stored on the Palm Desktop with my mobile
> phone.
>
> My current mobile phone is a Siemens T39m, and I'm able to synchronize
> with Outlook (using bluetooth). But I would prefer to synchronize with
> the Palm Desktop directly.
>
> Any software you can recommend? If any of you have a mobile phone that
> you are able to synchronize with the Palm Desktop, I would be happy to
> hear about your experiences.

A possible workaround for your situation would be a program from nixdev
software called "Office Connect". It's function is to sync Palm Desktop to
Outlook. http://www.nixdev.com

Wyrenut
--
Remember! Always Eschew Obfuscation!!
Anonymous

I assume you mean you have an Ericsson T39m. I do too.

Do you have a Palm with Bluetooth? If you do, a workaround could be to
transfer the entire address book to the phone over Bluetooth now and then.
You delete your entire address book on the phone when you have many updates
on the Palm and transfer it again. I do this every 2-3 months and it works
for me.

Cheers, Thorbjorn

"Ola Eld?y" <olaeld@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I would like to be able to synchronize my address book and calendar,
> and possibly other data stored on the Palm Desktop with my mobile
> phone.
>
> My current mobile phone is a Siemens T39m, and I'm able to synchronize
> with Outlook (using bluetooth). But I would prefer to synchronize with
> the Palm Desktop directly.
>
> Any software you can recommend? If any of you have a mobile phone that
> you are able to synchronize with the Palm Desktop, I would be happy to
> hear about your experiences.
>
> Thank you,
> Ola Eldoy
October 5, 2004 8:45:03 PM

Begin Ola Eld?y quote:

; Any software you can recommend? If any of you have a mobile phone that
; you are able to synchronize with the Palm Desktop, I would be happy to
; hear about your experiences.

Not software, hardware. It looks to me like you want a SmartPhone.
The Kyocera 7135 is a clamshell OS4 device, and the current Treo is a
stick OS5 device. Being Palm based, they will sync with the Palm
Desktop for all PDA functions, including your phone book and calendar.

I have the Kyocera mainly because Verizon did not have the Treo at the
time and it would have cost too much to buy a Treo and pay an early
termination fee.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"When the pressure gets on, leaders should not compromise those
institutions that are so important for democracy." George W. Bush,
4/18/02
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 10:33:42 AM

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004, at 13:32:23 [GMT GMT] (23:32:23 Tuesday, 5 October 2004
where I live) "WyreNut" wrote:

> A possible workaround for your situation would be a program from nixdev
> software called "Office Connect". It's function is to sync Palm Desktop to
> Outlook. http://www.nixdev.com

Is that the correct URL? I seem to get some sort of search engine there.

--
Friends are Friends, regardless of their baud rate!
!