Nvidia To Acquire Ray Tracing Company

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

they need to learn to edit... don't flame me for incorrect grammer and what not i'm a noob =D

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Physics, now ray tracing, the ony thing missing here is an x86 licence. I hope the rummors about the possible VIA aquisition or partnership came anywhere near trueland.

This is funny. Only reason NVidia is doing this is because Intel aquired a ray tracing company a while ago when they started Larrabee. So now it looks like NVidia is going the same route cuz they know raytracing will become a new method for some games.

Oh and the x86 license cannot be aquired by buying a company that has one. If VIA is bought by NVidia the x86 license becomes void so basically NVidia wont be able to use x86 architecture unless they get a license directly through Intel.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Too sad... well, at least they've got Cuda and are putting some effort into optimizing it.
Partnership with Via can still be possible, can't it? Or Nvidia loaning money to Via so that Via can buy Nvidia :) Or if Amd fails and Intel becomes a monopoly of some kind, then they can't refuse to sell an x86 license to Nvidia if they ask nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.