Nothing responding, slow startup, cant find certain programs

Hello,
I'm having trouble with my computer atm, its been fine until today and i havent installed anything new in the last few days. basically its taking from 10 seconds to start up to 2 minutes, every program i have apart from internet explorer doesnt respond. it cant find or open anything either. i am using windows 7 professional and usually firefox but was told to delete that although when i try that doesnt respond either.. any help?
2 answers Last reply
More about nothing responding slow startup find programs
  1. pistolpete said:
    Hello,
    I'm having trouble with my computer atm, its been fine until today and i havent installed anything new in the last few days. basically its taking from 10 seconds to start up to 2 minutes, every program i have apart from internet explorer doesnt respond. it cant find or open anything either. i am using windows 7 professional and usually firefox but was told to delete that although when i try that doesnt respond either.. any help?

sound like you picked up a virus. I would go to another pc..that was clean and download a new updated aniti virus and try and install it in safe mode. if you cant try making a hirem bood cd or usb stick it has anti virus tools on it.
  2. test your hardware first, faulty hdd's can make things slow to respond

smorizio you mean hiren? last time i checked it had pirated software careful a mod may ban you for legitimate reasons god forbid
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Explorer Slow Startup Windows 7