Nothing responding, slow startup, cant find certain programs

Tags:
  • Internet Explorer
  • Slow Startup
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
October 2, 2012 7:43:23 AM

Hello,
I'm having trouble with my computer atm, its been fine until today and i havent installed anything new in the last few days. basically its taking from 10 seconds to start up to 2 minutes, every program i have apart from internet explorer doesnt respond. it cant find or open anything either. i am using windows 7 professional and usually firefox but was told to delete that although when i try that doesnt respond either.. any help?

More about : responding slow startup find programs

a b $ Windows 7
October 2, 2012 8:13:34 AM

pistolpete said:
Hello,
I'm having trouble with my computer atm, its been fine until today and i havent installed anything new in the last few days. basically its taking from 10 seconds to start up to 2 minutes, every program i have apart from internet explorer doesnt respond. it cant find or open anything either. i am using windows 7 professional and usually firefox but was told to delete that although when i try that doesnt respond either.. any help?

sound like you picked up a virus. I would go to another pc..that was clean and download a new updated aniti virus and try and install it in safe mode. if you cant try making a hirem bood cd or usb stick it has anti virus tools on it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 2, 2012 8:48:10 AM

test your hardware first, faulty hdd's can make things slow to respond

smorizio you mean hiren? last time i checked it had pirated software careful a mod may ban you for legitimate reasons god forbid
m
l
Related resources
!