[FW] Buying a FW dread...

With the price raise on the FW dreadnoughts coming, I'd thought I'd
grab a Death Guard dread now. Going by the FW website:

(Product Code IA-CSM-D-017) DEATH GUARD DREADNOUGHT £20.00
(Product Code IA-CSM-D-018) DEATH GUARD DREADNOUGHT LASCANNONS (RIGHT
ARM) £6.00
(Product Code IA-CSM-D-019) DEATH GUARD DREADNOUGHT CHAINFIST (LEFT
ARM) £6.00

At first I worked it out in Euros, not realizing they were in pounds,
and it worked out to $38 - $40, which wasn't so bad. I should have
realized it was wrong since it was the same cost as a normal stock
dread.

Then I put it in correctly, in pounds, which works out to $61.51, not
including shipping. Damn! That's twenty bucks more than a normal dread,
but it's not so bad, considering the amount of detail and the fact that
it's a resin model.

But going by the war store:

FWIAC028 CHAOS DREADNOUGHT DEATH GUARD $44.99 $44.99
FWIAC045 DEATH GUARD LASCANNONS (RIGHT ARM) $13.99 $13.99
FWIAC046 DEATH GUARD CHAINFIST (LEFT ARM) $13.99 $13.99

Subtotal: $72.97

I can grab a few things to get the free shipping, but damn, SEVENTY TWO
dollars?!...

Is this what it would cost if I grabbed it from a GW store? Checked
with them, the dread is $38.00, which isn't so bad, and the arms are
$11.50 each. So it's $61.00 total.

Oh, but wait, it gets better, cuz the GW Battle Bunker doesn't have one
of the Nurgle arms.

Arrgh!

--Chris

In article <1109622421.718959.56300@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, Chris
Valera, grimdarkness@hotmail.com Varfed out the following in Timo
speak...

> With the price raise on the FW dreadnoughts coming, I'd thought I'd
> grab a Death Guard dread now. Going by the FW website:
>
> (Product Code IA-CSM-D-017) DEATH GUARD DREADNOUGHT £20.00
> (Product Code IA-CSM-D-018) DEATH GUARD DREADNOUGHT LASCANNONS (RIGHT
> ARM) £6.00
> (Product Code IA-CSM-D-019) DEATH GUARD DREADNOUGHT CHAINFIST (LEFT
> ARM) £6.00
>
> At first I worked it out in Euros, not realizing they were in pounds,
> and it worked out to $38 - $40, which wasn't so bad. I should have
> realized it was wrong since it was the same cost as a normal stock
> dread.
>
> Then I put it in correctly, in pounds, which works out to $61.51, not
> including shipping. Damn! That's twenty bucks more than a normal dread,
> but it's not so bad, considering the amount of detail and the fact that
> it's a resin model.
>
> But going by the war store:
>
> FWIAC028 CHAOS DREADNOUGHT DEATH GUARD $44.99 $44.99
> FWIAC045 DEATH GUARD LASCANNONS (RIGHT ARM) $13.99 $13.99
> FWIAC046 DEATH GUARD CHAINFIST (LEFT ARM) $13.99 $13.99
>
> Subtotal: $72.97
>
> I can grab a few things to get the free shipping, but damn, SEVENTY TWO
> dollars?!...
>
> Is this what it would cost if I grabbed it from a GW store? Checked
> with them, the dread is $38.00, which isn't so bad, and the arms are
> $11.50 each. So it's $61.00 total.
>
> Oh, but wait, it gets better, cuz the GW Battle Bunker doesn't have one
> of the Nurgle arms.
>
> Arrgh!
>
> --Chris

See, there you go thinking again. They want you to buy their
products - they didn't say anything about you enjoying them.

Myrmidon

#1582. I think they call it Warhammer "40K" because that is how
much you are going to have to make per year in order to play.

- Eric Noland

# 1082. Pound for pound I can buy cocaine cheaper than
raise a Warhammer army

- Roy Cox

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/gwprice/

****