BCCode : d1 ERROR After Restart : NVENET.SYS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello Friends,

My System is: -

Windows XP Prof. with SP2.
Hardware: MSI K7N2 Delta MB (nVidia Chipset) with AMD Athelon 2500+ CPU +
MSI 8X AGP (NVidia Chipset)

Problem: -
My system automatically get restart (around 15 to 20 times) and after
restart I get message:

The system has recovered from a serious error.

BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 04060015 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F8313866 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

Then I started the System with "Don't restart on System Crash" in Start Menu
and found the below details:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Info.
*** STOP : 0x000000D1 (...... )

*** NVENET.SYS - Address F82D1866 base at F82CE000, Date Stamp 3DE59761.

After I see the XML File and the Mini Dump file I came to now that the
NVENET.SYS file is the nVidia nForce MPC Networking Controller. Then I
unplug my Internet cable that I use for Cable Internet - Then My PC Works
fine.

What is that Causing my PC to Stop Working with the Restart? Is the
NVENET.sys causing that Problem?

Please Suggest how can irectify the Problem?

Thanks
Prabhat

map

Prabhat Nath wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> My System is: -
>
> Windows XP Prof. with SP2.
> Hardware: MSI K7N2 Delta MB (nVidia Chipset) with AMD Athelon 2500+
> CPU + MSI 8X AGP (NVidia Chipset)
>
> Problem: -
> My system automatically get restart (around 15 to 20 times) and after
> restart I get message:
>
> The system has recovered from a serious error.
>
> BCCode : d1 BCP1 : 04060015 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 :
> 00000000 BCP4 : F8313866 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0
> Product : 256_1
>
> Then I started the System with "Don't restart on System Crash" in
> Start Menu and found the below details:
>
> DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>
> Technical Info.
> *** STOP : 0x000000D1 (...... )
>
> *** NVENET.SYS - Address F82D1866 base at F82CE000, Date Stamp
> 3DE59761.
>
> After I see the XML File and the Mini Dump file I came to now that
> the NVENET.SYS file is the nVidia nForce MPC Networking Controller.
> Then I unplug my Internet cable that I use for Cable Internet - Then
> My PC Works fine.
>
> What is that Causing my PC to Stop Working with the Restart? Is the
> NVENET.sys causing that Problem?
>
> Please Suggest how can irectify the Problem?
>
> Thanks
> Prabhat

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article.)
The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL
that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that
uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or
mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

If it is the pagefile,sent the pagefile to none and reboot,this will delete
it and the corruption, once rebooted reset the pagefile to the prior
settings.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PageDefrag.html

--
Mike Pawlak