internet window closes - system wont restore

Sam

hi,

i am running windows XP home edition and using internet explorer everytime i
go onto the interenet and a new window pops up as part of the web address, i
go to close this but loose the whole lot of internet pages that i was using.
this is very annoying as i have to start from the beginning again and reload
the website that i was on. i have searched for spy/adware but have not found
any.

another problem that i have is the tabs in the display properties are not
being shown and i am unable to get to the different parts of the properties,
the only way i am able to do it is is use the keyboard.

there are so many problems on the computer i thought i would restore the Pc
back to the orignial settings, so i inserted the restore CD and floppy and
restarted the PC as it said, but when i do this nothing happens and i am
unable to restore the Pc is there any other ways i can restore the Pc or get
the CD to work.

please help me to solve these problems
thanking you in advance.

Sam

when i click close on the internet windows sometimes i get the error message:

iexplor.exe-application error

the instuction at "0x748c0853" referenced memory at "0x00000054". the memory
could not be "read".

Click ok to terminate the program.

"Sam" wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am running windows XP home edition and using internet explorer everytime i
> go onto the interenet and a new window pops up as part of the web address, i
> go to close this but loose the whole lot of internet pages that i was using.
> this is very annoying as i have to start from the beginning again and reload
> the website that i was on. i have searched for spy/adware but have not found
> any.
>
> another problem that i have is the tabs in the display properties are not
> being shown and i am unable to get to the different parts of the properties,
> the only way i am able to do it is is use the keyboard.
>
> there are so many problems on the computer i thought i would restore the Pc
> back to the orignial settings, so i inserted the restore CD and floppy and
> restarted the PC as it said, but when i do this nothing happens and i am
> unable to restore the Pc is there any other ways i can restore the Pc or get
> the CD to work.
>
> please help me to solve these problems
> thanking you in advance.

Malke

Sam wrote:

> when i click close on the internet windows sometimes i get the error
> message:
>
> iexplor.exe-application error
>
> the instuction at "0x748c0853" referenced memory at "0x00000054". the
> memory
> could not be "read".
>
> Click ok to terminate the program.
>
> "Sam" wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> i am running windows XP home edition and using internet explorer
>> everytime i go onto the interenet and a new window pops up as part of
>> the web address, i go to close this but loose the whole lot of
>> internet pages that i was using. this is very annoying as i have to
>> start from the beginning again and reload the website that i was on.
>> i have searched for spy/adware but have not found any.
>>
>> another problem that i have is the tabs in the display properties are
>> not being shown and i am unable to get to the different parts of the
>> properties, the only way i am able to do it is is use the keyboard.
>>
>> there are so many problems on the computer i thought i would restore
>> the Pc back to the orignial settings, so i inserted the restore CD
>> and floppy and restarted the PC as it said, but when i do this
>> nothing happens and i am unable to restore the Pc is there any other
>> ways i can restore the Pc or get the CD to work.

Since you didn't specify what exactly you did to search for malware,
follow these instructions systematically, doing everything with updated
tools in Safe Mode:

Do that before you use the Restore CD. If you need to use the Restore
CD, make sure your computer is set to boot from the CD drive (not the
floppy drive). You would do this from within your BIOS. Refer to the
manual that came with your computer or go to the computer mftr.'s tech
support site for your specific model machine for instructions how to
use their Restore CD if you no longer have the manual.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com