[40k]IG CHIMERA US WEB SITE

paddy

I was looking at the article on moding an IG Chemera on the Us Web site,
when my son came up with an ( i think ) interesting point. If the Chemera
has the extra side armour as shown surly you would need to cripple it twice.
i.e one shot taakes out the added plating and another shot would be required
to then trash the tracks.

How this would be scored / paid for would need worked out but I thourght it
a valid point. It would make the effort worthwhile.

Regards
Paddy

"paddy" <noone@nonwhere.net> wrote in message
>I was looking at the article on moding an IG Chemera on the Us Web site,
> when my son came up with an ( i think ) interesting point. If the
> Chemera
> has the extra side armour as shown surly you would need to cripple it
> twice.
> i.e one shot taakes out the added plating and another shot would be
> required
> to then trash the tracks.
>
> How this would be scored / paid for would need worked out but I thourght
> it
> a valid point. It would make the effort worthwhile.

Using the IG Codex you'd just treat the Chimera as having Extra Armour.

Dan

"paddy" <noone@nonwhere.net> wrote in message
>I was looking at the article on moding an IG Chemera on the Us Web site,
> when my son came up with an ( i think ) interesting point. If the
> Chemera
> has the extra side armour as shown surly you would need to cripple it
> twice.
> i.e one shot taakes out the added plating and another shot would be
> required
> to then trash the tracks.

those sticky-out bits on the side of the chimera are the flotation tanks for
amphibious deployment. there is an existing vehicle upgrade for extra armor
that chimeras can use though.

"Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "paddy" <noone@nonwhere.net> wrote in message
>>I was looking at the article on moding an IG Chemera on the Us Web site,
>> when my son came up with an ( i think ) interesting point. If the
>> Chemera
>> has the extra side armour as shown surly you would need to cripple it
>> twice.
>> i.e one shot taakes out the added plating and another shot would be
>> required
>> to then trash the tracks.
>
> those sticky-out bits on the side of the chimera are the flotation tanks
> for amphibious deployment. there is an existing vehicle upgrade for extra
> armor that chimeras can use though.

Paddy was asking about the side skirts in the modelling article in the last
Black Gobbo "issue":

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/painting/treadheads/p1/3.htm

These are extra armour skirts, flat armoured plates, nothing to do with
amphibious use.

Dan

Estarriol

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

"Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "paddy" <noone@nonwhere.net> wrote in message
>>>I was looking at the article on moding an IG Chemera on the Us Web site,
>>> when my son came up with an ( i think ) interesting point. If the
>>> Chemera
>>> has the extra side armour as shown surly you would need to cripple it
>>> twice.
>>> i.e one shot taakes out the added plating and another shot would be
>>> required
>>> to then trash the tracks.
>>
>> those sticky-out bits on the side of the chimera are the flotation tanks
>> for amphibious deployment. there is an existing vehicle upgrade for
>> extra armor that chimeras can use though.
>
> Paddy was asking about the side skirts in the modelling article in the
> last Black Gobbo "issue":
>
> http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/painting/treadheads/p1/3.htm
>
> These are extra armour skirts, flat armoured plates, nothing to do with
> amphibious use.
>
> Dan
I like the article though, and the Pred turret looks good monuted on the
Chimera.

--
estarriol

"estarriol" <estarriol@blueyonder.jeansNtshirt.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "paddy" <noone@nonwhere.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> those sticky-out bits on the side of the chimera are the flotation tanks
>>> for amphibious deployment. there is an existing vehicle upgrade for
>>> extra armor that chimeras can use though.
>>
>> Paddy was asking about the side skirts in the modelling article in the
>> last Black Gobbo "issue":
>>
>> http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/painting/treadheads/p1/3.htm
>>
>> These are extra armour skirts, flat armoured plates, nothing to do with
>> amphibious use.
>>
>> Dan
> I like the article though, and the Pred turret looks good monuted on the
> Chimera.

Yeah, I tempted to try one and see how it looks in real life, and then find
a way to get my hands on 6 more pred turrets to convert all my chimeras if
it looks as good.

Dan

"estarriol" <estarriol@blueyonder.jeansNtshirt.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > Paddy was asking about the side skirts in the modelling article in
the
> > last Black Gobbo "issue":

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/painting/treadheads
/p1/3.htm

> > These are extra armour skirts, flat armoured plates, nothing to do
with
> > amphibious use.
> >
> I like the article though, and the Pred turret looks good monuted on
the
> Chimera.

Yeah, I liked that idea as well, and the Predator turret sprue is only
(only !!) £4 from MO. Expect to see a raft of similar Chimeras near you
soon. Taking off the flotation boxes makes it look much better as well.

Cheers, Martyn

"M Roberts" <unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> "estarriol" <estarriol@blueyonder.jeansNtshirt.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Paddy was asking about the side skirts in the modelling article in
> the
> > > last Black Gobbo "issue":
> > >

> http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/painting/treadheads
> /p1/3.htm
> > >
> > > These are extra armour skirts, flat armoured plates, nothing to do
> with
> > > amphibious use.
> > >
> > I like the article though, and the Pred turret looks good monuted on
> the
> > Chimera.
>
> Yeah, I liked that idea as well, and the Predator turret sprue is only
> (only !!) £4 from MO. Expect to see a raft of similar Chimeras near you
> soon. Taking off the flotation boxes makes it look much better as well.

Not so original;o) This is from 2002 (I don't like a ton of baggage and
extraneous details on my first run conversions)
http://webpages.charter.net/borscope/shimera.jpg

"M Roberts" <unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> "estarriol" <estarriol@blueyonder.jeansNtshirt.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Doctor Rock" <malafex@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Paddy was asking about the side skirts in the modelling article in
> the
>> > last Black Gobbo "issue":
>> >

> http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/painting/treadheads
> /p1/3.htm
>> >
>> > These are extra armour skirts, flat armoured plates, nothing to do
> with
>> > amphibious use.
>> >
>> I like the article though, and the Pred turret looks good monuted on
> the
>> Chimera.
>
> Yeah, I liked that idea as well, and the Predator turret sprue is only
> (only !!) £4 from MO. Expect to see a raft of similar Chimeras near you
> soon. Taking off the flotation boxes makes it look much better as well.

I've got 6 on their way already ;)

Dan

paddy wrote:
> I was looking at the article on moding an IG Chemera on the Us Web site,

It's OK, tho I don't really agree with the thinning of the side plates...

> If the Chemera has the extra side armour

.... it counts as Extra Armour.

\-|-/

Doctor Rock wrote:
> those sticky-out bits on the side of the chimera are the flotation tanks for
> amphibious deployment.

Out of curiousity, where is this from? I always thought those were the
engines.

\-|-/

Spack wrote:
> "M Roberts" <unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote ...

>>> I like the article though, and the Pred turret looks good monuted on
>>> the Chimera.

Tho it's not the Tank that really needs the new Turret. The Russ is the
vehicle that needs to be redone.

>>Yeah, I liked that idea as well, and the Predator turret sprue
>>is only (only !!) £4 from MO.

$10 USD? That's still a bit high.

>> Expect to see a raft of similar Chimeras near you
>>soon. Taking off the flotation boxes makes it look much better as well.
>

> I've got 6 on their way already ;)

Yikes. What will you do with the Chimera turrets?

\-|-/

"John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
> Spack wrote:
>> "M Roberts" <unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote ...
>>> Expect to see a raft of similar Chimeras near you
>>>soon. Taking off the flotation boxes makes it look much better as well.
>>

>> I've got 6 on their way already ;)
>
> Yikes. What will you do with the Chimera turrets?

At least one will be converted to a Hellhound turret. As to the others, I'm
not sure yet.

Dan

> Doctor Rock wrote:
>> those sticky-out bits on the side of the chimera are the flotation tanks
>> for amphibious deployment.
>
> Out of curiousity, where is this from? I always thought those were the
> engines.

According to the BG article, an early issue of Inferno contained diagrams of
the Chimera and those side boxes did indeed contain the engines and
transmission.

Dan

> "John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message
>> Spack wrote:
>>> "M Roberts" <unknown@thisaddress.com> wrote ...
>>>

>>> I've got 6 on their way already ;)
>>
>> Yikes. What will you do with the Chimera turrets?
>
> At least one will be converted to a Hellhound turret. As to the others,
> I'm not sure yet.

They would make great emplacement turrets.

--
Sir Scott "Pill boxes, as it were..." McDaniel

"Wonder Pony" <smcdaniel1@cox.noway.net> wrote in message
> "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "John Hwang" <JohnHwangCSI@cs.com.no.com> wrote in message

>>> Yikes. What will you do with the Chimera turrets?
>>
>> At least one will be converted to a Hellhound turret. As to the others,
>> I'm not sure yet.
>>

> They would make great emplacement turrets.

Thank you, great idea.

Dan